My Lenovo Z570 !!

pritesh

Disciple
Hi Guys,

I finally bought a laptop. Was going to buy the XPS 15, but it was going beyond my budget so I did a couple more checks anf decided to buy the Lenovo Z 570.

Just got it and am sort of getting used to it. I am used to Dell D 630 (office laptop, not my own), and the keyboard on the Z570 is gonna take some time to get used to, but in time I should get used to it.

Nice laptop overall...I liked the build of this laptop. I got it for 45,000. Not bad for the price...

Its getting slightly warm on the lower left corner just next to the touchpad....But I guess thats normal.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Am in process of uploading the pics to Picasa....

Here's the link to my laptop pics:
https://picasaweb.google.com/108340938138934665866

Thanks a lot to you guys, especially pauldmps, deep16, Tao and a lot of other guys, I was able to make a good decision. If not for you guys, I would have ended up with a (now) older i5. :)
Here's more specs of the laptop:

More details about my computer
Component Details Subscore Base score
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz 6.9 5.4
Determined by lowest subscore

Memory (RAM) 3.00 GB 5.5
Graphics Intel(R) HD Graphics Family 5.4
Gaming graphics 1301 MB Total available graphics memory 6.2
Primary hard disk 529GB Free (552GB Total) 5.9
Windows 7 Home Premium

System ________________________________________
Manufacturer LENOVO
Model HuronRiver Platform
Total amount of system memory 3.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 2

Storage ________________________________________
Total size of hard disk(s) 581 GB
Disk partition (C:) 529 GB Free (552 GB Total)
Disk partition (D:) 27 GB Free (29 GB Total)
Media drive (F:) CD/DVD

Graphics ________________________________________
Display adapter type Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
Total available graphics memory 1301 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 64 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 1237 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.17.12.6643
Primary monitor resolution 1366x768
DirectX version DirectX 10

Network ________________________________________
Network Adapter Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Network Adapter Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Network Adapter Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter

Oh, I was too busy posting the pics and just now noticed that I have put this in the wrong section....I guess this should be in the review section or something like that....
btw....its does have Nvidia GeForce GT 520M Card....

And yeah....I just reconfirmed on the Lenovo site:

IdeaPad Z570 59-069595
Rs.42,290 + tax*

Processor Intel® Core i5-2410M
Win7 Home Premium(64 Bits)
Bluetooth 2.1
Camera 2.0M
HDMI
Numpad
Card Reader
Rambo Tray in 12.7mm
3G DDR3 1333 MHz
640G 9.5mm 5400rpm
Nvidia GeForce GT 520M DDR 3 1GB Graphics
15.6 HD LED Glare Black 6Cell 2.2A
1 yr Warranty

yes it is indeed a good buy... i guess it came with a windows 7 hp licensed... just make sure u back up all the drivers and then do a full format using a windows 7 sp1 dvd.... and then activate with the hp key on the back of the laptop...

it will be hell lot of easier without the lenovocraps

Hey Deep...Yes, it did come with Windows 7 Home Premium licensed....I see two options: One is a system image and One Touch Recovery. For One Touch Recovery, the shop guy told me it'll take 3 DVDs....How does that differ from the system image ? I was planning to go for a system image...what do you say ?

BTW they didnt provide the DVD....Said the DVD isnt provided with this one...The guys seemed to be good though...I bought it from DCC (Data Care Corp) in Pune.

yeah i never ever bothered to make any system recovery out of the image... its kinda pointless to me... i like to take control on my machine so never was reliable on recovery dvds...

other members can help you out on making recovery partitions.. let them reply

Congrats on your buy!

A word on the rescue & recovery feature on ideapads, you can take a complete backup on the secondary partitions. I did it for the factory image and keep going back to it once the system gets bloated and starts slowing down. (I've had a S10-3T for more than an year)

Just do not change partitions (size, name etc) once the backup is done... It will not be able to recover to newer partitions.

Hi Anuj,

Thanks for the reply. Any idea on what the image option is ? If I make an image of the system today, and restore it say two weeks later, will it be exactly like how it was today ?

Thing is, I have some VILTs which can be installed only once....and after installing them, I want to burn the image so that, if something goes down, I can restore it from the image so that I will have the OS+VILTs back...

Alienware 14X has Gt 555M if Y 570 comes with that then it will be interesting .

Anways , Congrats for the purchase and nice pics :)

pritesh said:
Hi Anuj,

Thanks for the reply. Any idea on what the image option is ? If I make an image of the system today, and restore it say two weeks later, will it be exactly like how it was today ?
Yes... The one key recovery is essentially derived from the ThinkPad's Rescue & recovery. As a TP user for 7 years+, I take weekly backups of my entire system on an external USB and go back to that image incase something goes wrong... Works everytime.

Why not install a non-critical app and take a backup & see if it loads that image successfully... then install the VILTs for another backup.

Hey Pauldmps,

Thanks dude....I waited for Y570, but its still not launched :(

Couldn't wait any longer man....Had to get a laptop for my own...

Hi vicky,

Thanks maan....BTW...the shop I was at, one guy had got an Alienware 11x....dang sturdy dude....

Hi Anuj,

I'll try out what you said....lemme see if that works...

Anyone has any idea, if I want to use the Nvidia card on this laptop as one and only dedicated card, disable integrated Intel GPU, how can this be done?

Goto nVidia Settings. Preferred Graphics Processor(in Manage 3D Settings) - Select nVidia instead of Auto Select

Back