My first ever show-off!

aercy said:
But HTC's H/W integration with Android is supposedly one of the best with Nexus & Desire. Isn't it so? I am more onto Softwares & phone customization; the reason why I like iphone/ipod touch over many other phones & PMPs.
Errr.. either I have been using wrong and fake things OR you just are missing the obvious point. None of apple products, till OS4, allowed phone customization (unless jailbroken offcourse). But then again whats the point of getting a device n hacking it to run things on it.. when other devices can do same "out of the box" ;)

Dont bother with posting pics of AMOLED screen.

AMOLED looks super crap when filmed with good still camera up close. Trust me, it will make it look 200 times worse than it actually is.

Congrats on the purchase.

aercy said:
But HTC's H/W integration with Android is supposedly one of the best with Nexus & Desire. Isn't it so? I am more onto Softwares & phone customization; the reason why I like iphone/ipod touch over many other phones & PMPs.
Its not about the integration, but long time support.

Yes, HTC desire will have significant upper hand when it comes to future upgrades and updates.

It shares hardware with Nexus One, to add to that, its a HTC device with mind boggling developer support (even cyanogen is coming to desire ).

So, you wont have to wait for HTC for updates. Now 2.2 isnt officially out for Desire, but people (including me ) are running it for weeks / months already thanks to Nexus port.

This will be case in the future as well as Nexus one will not die any time soon.

Samsung has dodgy past when it comes to updates. If they dont release Gingerbread, you will be basically stuck until they do so as it will be extremely difficult to build a compatible build of future Android OS for Galaxy S due to proprietary drivers and modules. (like users have to wait for 2.2 to come from samsung now )

This is the only advantage of Desire (and significant one to be honest ) or N1. In every other area, Galaxy S will pounce on it.

I also got my I9000 today from Maru, Vashi in 28.5K which is looking too good as compared to I8000 (Omnia II, WM) had by me so far but final comments can be made after proper use. Anyway, Android is far better than WM for sure

*Raj* said:
I also got my I9000 today from Maru, Vashi in 28.5K which is looking too good as compared to I8000 (Omnia II, WM) had by me so far but final comments can be made after proper use. Anyway, Android is far better than WM for sure
Any given day!! Windows Mobile is totally a wannabe Mobile OS

man that mic hole looked like a dent on ur camera , was a little taken aback for a moment there. and yea post some more pics n stuff ,what all came in the box , maybe your opinion on the phone.

Back