Video My dishtv experience: A complete review

^^ +1 with Funky's post!! i am a DishTV user and i say this - the picture quality is horrible!! even on a 29 inch tv sitting 8-10 feet far i can see the pixellation and artefacts on the screen!

@neo001 - no matter how much u fight on dishtv's side the people who use it know better than u! u may be a dish tv user and u might be getting a better experience on ur tv set, but it doesn't mean everyone will get a good experience. if u cant handle negative feedback dont make a issue out of it!!

OT: The way ur backing up dishtv seems like ur someone from their customer service center with lots of free time on their hand!

6pack said:
^^ even lately dishtv has stopped allowing ppl to view free channels after subscription is cancelled. i cancelled my subscription abt 6 months back and after abt 2 months if i switch on the stb i get "contact customer care" screen
which is blue like windows BSOD :)

Tried plugging off the VC Card? Start playing with the hardware before you are double sure. Exactly same situation, however a bachelor friend of mine had no issues at all, ofcourse apart from paid channels.

6pack said:
^^ +1 with Funky's post!! i am a DishTV user and i say this - the picture quality is horrible!! even on a 29 inch tv sitting 8-10 feet far i can see the pixellation and artefacts on the screen!

@neo001 - no matter how much u fight on dishtv's side the people who use it know better than u! u may be a dish tv user and u might be getting a better experience on ur tv set, but it doesn't mean everyone will get a good experience. if u cant handle negative feedback dont make a issue out of it!!

OT: The way ur backing up dishtv seems like ur someone from their customer service center with lots of free time on their hand!

Again and again, all these words here are mere speculation with no backing from facts, without that nothing is acceptable.:no:

@neo haha dude stop.....

You obviously dont know how the DishTv works do you?

Transponder is not limited to certain no of channels.

1 Ku-Band transformer can broadcast 12-14 SD channels using standard encoding without loss in quality.

Insat 4A which carries Tata sky has 12 36Mhz Ku band transformers.

Checked for dish data and they seems to have 11 transponders leased from NSS 6.

They can squize more channels by compromising on quality. Thats exactly why the DishTv quality is suffering.

Dont blame the network for poor quality on DishTv, both Dish and Tata get same broadcast, its what the beam down to us decides the end quality.

Now you do the math. 11 Transponders 178 channels.

12 Transponders 125 channels.

linuxtechie said:
Tried plugging off the VC Card? Start playing with the hardware before you are double sure. Exactly same situation, however a bachelor friend of mine had no issues at all, ofcourse apart from paid channels.

did that already! also tried removing the card and watching the channels! :no:
tell me something i dont know!
playing with the hardware? i have already opened the stb and i even know what chip is being used inside!! :bleh:

linuxtechie said:
Again and again, all these words here are mere speculation with no backing from facts, without that nothing is acceptable.:no:

what backing u want? go to someone who has a kaon stb + 29inch tv. u'll stop watching dishtv from that day onwards.

Back