Must have software for E71?

viridian

Disciple
I have recently begun to rely a lot on my phone for various tasks like email, browsing etc. I wanted to know what applications you guys would recommend as a must have for Nokia E71? Games I don't care much about, but puzzle like games are nice. Here are some of the apps I use as of now
1. Opera
2. Tweets60 (bought the pro version, it's only 1 euro)
3. Mail for Exchange
4. Frozen Bubble S60 (fun linux game ported to Symbian)
5. putty

viridian said:
I have recently begun to rely a lot on my phone for various tasks like email, browsing etc. I wanted to know what applications you guys would recommend as a must have for Nokia E71? Games I don't care much about, but puzzle like games are nice. Here are some of the apps I use as of now
1. Opera
2. Tweets60 (bought the pro version, it's only 1 euro)
3. Mail for Exchange
4. Frozen Bubble S60 (fun linux game ported to Symbian)
5. putty

I have a e 72 and I suggest

1. Fring
2. Google Maps (free) or Garmin XT mobile or Sygic MMI (paid SW but great) and the latter 2 use the integrated GPS so no charges for data usage.
3. Facebook for mobile
4. Socially or Gravity (paid)
5. Other Google Apps (free)

Taskman, WeFi, Opera Mini (or Opera Mobile 10b2 - take your pick), Worldmate, Fring, Mobbler, GMaps, GMail, Mail for Exchange, TweetS60, Nimbuzz

Be sure to update the firmware to v400 and other apps (Ovi Maps etc.) to their latest versions.

Check out the Ovi Store (store.ovi.com) for tons of apps (Free and paid)

Thanks so much for the input guys! I've upgraded to the 400 FW and it broke Tweets60 for me. Will try these apps. I'm considering upgrading to an Android phone soon, though. Sick and tired of Nokia.

If you want turn by turn directions GPS maps then download ovi maps. Its free for nokia phones. I think E 71 is supported by them. Google ovi maps.

i tried installing ovi maps or maps 3.0 but when i start it up its the same old version of maps only

@ bottle: Did you try updating the maps using the Nokia Ovi Maploader application?

And as far as the free voice navigation Ovi maps version is concerned, unfortunately it is not yet available for E71.

R3D-D3V1L said:
@ bottle: Did you try updating the maps using the Nokia Ovi Maploader application?

And as far as the free voice navigation Ovi maps version is concerned, unfortunately it is not yet available for E71.

Yup, but it doesn't seem to be updating for some reason. I guess I will have to reset the phone or something

google maps

ovi maps 3.0 (free navi for e71 should be out soon)

official skype with voice calls

opera mini browser

nokia messaging (for push mail)

skyfire browser for viewing sites with flash

Back