Android Must have APPS for Android

comp@ddict

Skilled
Guys, let this be a compilation list of the most popular and useful free/paid apps for Android.

This will be helpful for those who are first timers to the Android world, as well as for others to discover new apps used by their fellow peers.

System+Security:
Link2SD
Keepass Droid
SuperSU
GoLauncher

Email:
K9 Mail
APG

Music:
TTPod

Photos:
Camera 360
QuickPic

News:
News Republic

Storage:
ES File Explorer
Google Drive

Calling & Messaging:
Androrec
True Caller
Messaging 7
Whatsapp
ES Dialer

Productivity:

Kingsoft Office
Evernote
Any.do

Games:
Sudoku
WordOn [DOUBLEPOST=1366528089][/DOUBLEPOST]Other nice apps that I think are worth checking out:

Launcher8
Active Lockscreen (it's good, but when i'd installed it, my wi-fi kept turning on automatically)
Contacts+ (brilliant, but the messenger doesn't work too well with dual-sim phones)

Music player & Radios

Poweramp - One of the best media player app, highly customizable
Mavenplayer - some cool sound effects to try out

TuneinRadio - One of the best online radio app
Sky FM

Beyondpod
Pocketcast

Productivity

Google Keep
Evernote
ColorNote - Lightweight note taking app

Tools

Zarchiver - A must have app for dealing with all kind of file compression/decompression
QrDroid
Scan
Airdroid
CPUSpy

Clouds

Box
Google Drive

Photo Editors

PixlrExpress - One of the best photo editors available for free...

Video Players

MX Player
DicePlayer
BSPlayer

Browsers

Chrome
UCBrowser
Firefox
Dolphin

Some more......

IP Webcam - Stream videos live from your phone's camera to your pc/laptop
utorrent - For downloading torrens
Skype - to make free video & voice calls
Disha - Railway information app
Quickpic - Superb gallery app, i bet after using it you'll replace it with your default gallery app
SuperBackup - Good for taking backup of SMS, contacts, call logs or even apps and can restore them easily
Swiftkey - One of the best keyboard out there

Some of the app listed above are paid apps while others are free.....

Some app suggestions:
whatsapp
tapatalk
Hiddeneye(takes a pic of the user if the pattern lock after 3 attempts)
cooltool(monitoring cpu speed and ram usage)
operamini(i find it faster)
Splashtop2(Remote desktop)
Greenify(boasts that it controls apps like in ios, i am still tinkering with it)

Games:
bad piggies
Granny smith
Dead trigger
Gamecih2 (For hacking games:p )

@comp@ddict thanks for starting thread:) .

Last edited by a moderator:
Games:
Into the dead
Cut the rope series
Manuganu
Pudding Monsters
Real Racing 3
World at Arms

Apps:
Contact Picture Sync (Fb pic as contact pic)
Zedge
Xbmc remote
Dtv india(watch tv on phone)
Notable(best to do list app)
Ditalix (great live wallpaper)
Node(live wallpaper)

Anyone using Phone Warrior? It is a nice app to block unwanted calls and messages and has a Real Time track back of incoming numbers based on its Community service to block/allow. But inorder to enable this Real Time thing one has to share his contact book to their Online server which is a downer.

Anyone using Phone Warrior? It is a nice app to block unwanted calls and messages and has a Real Time track back of incoming numbers based on its Community service to block/allow. But inorder to enable this Real Time thing one has to share his contact book to their Online server which is a downer.
Almost as similar to True Caller

N64oid
Legend of zelda the ocarnia of time USA Rom

thats-all-folks_163.gif

Have a few specific needs - suggestions are much appreciated (I'm using Xperia Z on 4.1.2)

1) Something to quickly sort the application panes - currently I have to manually sort apps from one pane to another. Basically I would like one pane for 'Games', one for 'Communication' etc.
2) Best app to kill background tasks? I've downloaded EasyTaskKiller, but is there anything better?
3) Camera app to automatically take pictures in burst mode instead of me having to manually press down the shutter key.

Edit: Currently, the Play Store is tied to India - so, for example, all the top Finance apps are Indian bank apps - is there a way to switch the country to US or something?

Back