Android Must have APPS for Android

Kill unwanted background processes. If you're using ics, in settings > developer options > background process limit > set to whatever number you like. Standard limit is almost 15 to 20 processes which take memory.

Kill unwanted background processes. If you're using ics, in settings > developer options > background process limit > set to whatever number you like. Standard limit is almost 15 to 20 processes which take memory.
I Set it as 2... Any disadvantages ???[DOUBLEPOST=1371018096][/DOUBLEPOST]
You can use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cleanmaster.mguard&hl=en
It can be configured to auto-kill apps if the memory goes below a certain level.
I have installed auto memory manager which keeps on releasing memory..

I have one more question... Can i install Apps/Games on my external micro sd card (which is 32 gb)..?[DOUBLEPOST=1371018211][/DOUBLEPOST]After reducing background process limit to .. my phone feels smoooth :) .Yet not sure about things i need to compromise due to this.

You can move your app(s) to the external SD card. This provision is available in stock Android as well as through some third party apps like Link2SD, Apps2SD, Titanium Backup etc.

What phone you use and is it rooted?

I Set it as 2... Any disadvantages ???[DOUBLEPOST=1371018096][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have installed auto memory manager which keeps on releasing memory..

I have one more question... Can i install Apps/Games on my external micro sd card (which is 32 gb)..?[DOUBLEPOST=1371018211][/DOUBLEPOST]After reducing background process limit to .. my phone feels smoooth :) .Yet not sure about things i need to compromise due to this.

You can try this: http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-save-app-and-game-data-in-external-memory-sd-card-on-android/

You can move your app(s) to the external SD card. This provision is available in stock Android as well as through some third party apps like Link2SD, Apps2SD, Titanium Backup etc.

What phone you use and is it rooted?
Its not rooted :([DOUBLEPOST=1371022590][/DOUBLEPOST]Is there any app i can view background and foreground process utilization .. much like top in linux or process explorer ?

Again, Android lets you view all the running processes itself. Usually, it's accessed like this, Settings->Apps->Running (Slide towards Right for this).

You really ought to root your phone. Doing so gives you a lot of control over how the phone's resources are consumed. Rooting guides are available for most phones with a decent amount of users!

Again, Android lets you view all the running processes itself. Usually, it's accessed like this, Settings->Apps->Running (Slide towards Right for this).

You really ought to root your phone. Doing so gives you a lot of control over how the phone's resources are consumed. Rooting guides are available for most phones with a decent amount of users!

Any ready made guide for Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 ?

I use all these apps :
Browser : Dolhpin Browser + Dolphin Jetpack (tried FireFox, Chrome, UC, Opera(+mini) Dolphin is the best )
For Music : PlayerPro+FLAC Plugin (has good enough customization options, has an excellent UI, is very light when compared to other players, no bugs )
For Music Streaming : Tune-In Radio
For Video Streaming : You Tube
For Video Downloading : TubeMate
Media Editing Apps :
Ring Maker​
VidTrim​
For Video : MXPlayer
For Camera :
LGCamera app(as default camera app)​
Pro HDR Camera​
Cartoon Camera​
File manager : ES File Explorer ( the best free to use file explorer, I love SolidExplorer too but it has a few limitations)
Document Viewer/Editor Tools : Documents To Go (I have 2-3 other document viewers/editors, but this one seems to be the smallest, lightest and fastest)
System Tools :
Startup Manager ( excellent way of disabling some not so important startup apps)
CPU-Z (the smallest and the fastest system info/monitor app I've used till now)
Smart Tools
Social Networking and Messaging :
Facebook Messenger​
Whatsapp Messenger​
Google+​
Google+ Messenger​
Google hangout/Talk
Talp-Talk
Techenclave Forum Messenger​
Fitness App: Sports Tracker
Keyboard : SwiftKey (with English and Hinglish)
Cloud Storage :
Google Drive​
Box​
DropBox​
Remote Networking Tools :
akRDC (lightest remote desktop VNC viewer)
Connect Bot (accessing Terminal Remotely)
Torrent Manager​

@a_t_u_l
Settings>Mobile Networks>Network Mode>GSM only will make your phone use only the 2G network. Is that what you want to do or restrict someone from using your 3g connection?

Last edited by a moderator:
@indy1811
I want to completely block 2g/3g from being activated. I tried changing apn but somehow it gets back the setting over the air.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back