MTS - 40gb fo 999 on 3G plus network : feedback

sumatrix

Skilled
Hi has anybody used MTS's 3G plus network ??

How good is the coverage in North Bangalore.

And does anyone have the 999 plan 40gb plan here??

i use the mts dongle at lb shashtry nagar, old airport road.

initially was on the 10gb/999 prepaid plan. On prepaid the speed was awesome and got more than 2mbps most of time. have traveled to madurai and even tuticorin the speeds were great.

2 months back, converted to post paid 40gb plan and since then the speed has been pathetic. i am not sure what is wrong here, but seems when we connect the dongle, and change dns to google dns, it works great, but on mts mblaze wifi where we are not able to change the dns, speeds are pathetic. took to the marathalli mts store, even there we are getting less than 0.50mbps on speedtest

oh that's a downer for me. wanted to get it .

it might still work well depending on the area.
if you want something very reliable and want reliable speed at all places, then none of the wireless provider will make the cut.
ask them for a demo and if you want to go for it, get the prepaid one first. once you use it and feel the speed is fine, then switch to postpaid.

I can't tell about MTS, but Reliance had outed a similar plan on August 8, for corporates , mainly postpaid mode only currently for 40GB, if your lucky you can get the device free too!

There are two devices one is the 3.1mbps device which costs around 850 or so with tax and the other one is a 14.7mbps which was around 1300/-. You have to bargain with the sales guy for the wavier!

speeds range from 2mbps to 4mbps on practical usage when I had demoed it.[DOUBLEPOST=1408526732][/DOUBLEPOST]to add to the post.. the plan is 999/- plus taxes

Back