MTNL Mumbai 3G Roaming Charges applicable if used in Bangalore?

Hey guys,
I have recently shifted to Bangalore and realized that the BSNL 3G plans do not have an unlimited option. My parents will be coming over in a couple of weeks from Mumbai. I was wondering if I could get an MTNL 3G data sim with the Rs.750 odd unlimited data plan and whether I can use it here without any roaming charges applicable in the BSNL network.
Has anyone been able to do the same without losing any money on account of roaming?

Thanks.

I'm not sure if you will able to do that. However, when I moved from Mumbai to Chennai, I had a 2GB EDGE data plan and I didn't incur any costs whatsoever for it ( within my free limit though ). And this used the same APN as 3G. Not sure how it works for MTNL.

Ov3rLoRd said:
you can definitely do that. infact at this point i am in roaming using mtnl 3g data plan on bsnl network.
Oh. You are not incurring any additional charges right? Because when I enquired with a person I know in MTNL, they said that I would have to incur more than 3 times the cost as roaming charges when I leave the Maharashtra circle.

As a mtnl delhi subscriber. I was charged for using data while in roaming in UP bsnl. My account was charged 2 days later.

I am currently using MTNL Mumbai 3G, Postpaid plan. And have used around 100 MB data here in Bangalore (Have a 2GB limit). How do I check whether I have been charged for roaming charges? Do I have to wait for the end of the bill or can I immediately come to know immediately through some SMS Code/Online?

i am heading to Mumbai this week. Can someone please confirm the roaming applicability please. If it's not applicable then I can shift to the Unlimited Plan.

Back