MTNL delhi speed problem

pr.itdude

Disciple
May 27, 2009
hi....
last month, i changed my plan from u/l 256kbps to 500-2Mbps plan. But donno whats the problem.......they havnt changed my speed...i'm still getting the same speed,around 259kbps (23-27kbps d/l) which was acc to my previous plan.......:no:
i messed with their irritaiting noobs CC exexcutives......they had no idea abt it....:S i guess some problem with their exchange server....., not sure !!!

now what to do.......any settings at my end can solve this problem...:huh:
anyone has faced this problem....??

mayanksahni

Adept
May 13, 2009
Delhi
www.mayanksahni.com
Dude this is an old problem of mtnl. Let me explain u in detail. If u opt for a high speed plan like 2 mbps in starting then u call them to make 256kbps unlimited then they will make your plan unlimited but you will enjoy the speed of 2 mbps. This is also true vice versa. Like if u opt for slow speed plan then then ask them to switch to higher speed plan then they will change your plan but not the speed. Let me tell you why? In mtnl's head office there are multiple panels of different speeds. If you ask them to change your plan then they will change the plan since it is computerized but not the speed since they have to search your wire and then place it different panel which is a hassle for them. Moreover I too enjoyed 2 mbps unlimited for 10 months but 1 mistake I did that was I complained them for regular disconnection. If I dont complain at all then I would have been enjoying 2 mbps unlimited till now. But one of my friends is still enjoying this gr8 speed. So if you want high speed then u have to first get your net connection disconnected from them and then fill a form again to apply for new connection.

pr.itdude

Disciple
May 27, 2009
mayanksahni said:
In mtnl's head office there are multiple panels of different speeds. If you ask them to change your plan then they will change the plan since it is computerized but not the speed since they have to search your wire and then place it different panel which is a hassle for them.

So if you want high speed then u have to first get your net connection disconnected from them and then fill a form again to apply for new connection.

I knew this is the problem........but how to get over of it.......?? Disconnection and then again getting connection is also not wiseful......!!!

so where this panels exist.....in exchange near to my house or a centralised exchange somewhere in delhi......???

Mtnl net is gud, until u get some problem.......!!!
Also, after that recent strike.....sometimes connection works smoothly but sometimes, some of the sites not opening like google....or yahoo....!!!

pr.itdude

Disciple
May 27, 2009
Here are my stats :

Status SHOWTIME

Mode ADSL2+

Type

---------------- --------- -------- Downstream -------- Upstream

Rate (Kbps) ------------------- 260 -------- 259

SNR Margin (dB)------------- 33.4 ------- 32.5

Attenuation (dB)------------- 19.5 ------- 7.1

Output Power (dBm)------- 0.4 -------- 10.4

Super Frames--------------- 161565 ---------161563

Super Frame Errors--------- 0 -------------- 1

can u give some suggestions over above stats.........

btw, what are the expected and perfect stats for a 2Mbps plan......???

just now.......i checked my speed on mtnl's portal :

Here are the stats :

File Size: 5000KB

Time to Download: 199.844second(s)

Your Bandwidth: 225.89Kbps

(0.221Mbps)

wtf.........i am on 2Mbps plan !!!

qsahmed

Disciple
Aug 29, 2008
contact the MTNL officer...and tell him to change the speed to 512kbps....i had the same problem when i upgraded from 256kbps to 512kbps

anubhav2345

Adept
May 11, 2009
yeh , talk to ur area manager , he will forward u to brodband incharge , dey will change the port of ur telephone line to 2mbps , den only u'll get da speed

pr.itdude

Disciple
May 27, 2009
hey guys.........
my problem sorted out.......MTNL had corrected their fault.........and now i am getting correct speed acc to my plan (2 Mbps)......from todays morning :clap: :hap2:

infact, in the first hour.......i was once got speed around 5.8 Mbps but that was insntantial
And now i am getting an avg speed of 1.8 Mbps........

but this relief came out after a month of screwing head with the MTNL's CC idiots, filing a lots of complaints and talking to the area's AM & exchange ppl........!!!