MTNL BroadPlan Plan changes

Is it just me or are any of you guys also facing issues with constant connection drops/blank page loading latencies? I'm pretty sure it is mostly not my line quality because the connection remains stable for quite a while sometimes but then later it will disconnect every 3 mins for about half an hour or so.

Does anyone have the latest gateway/dns settings to be used? (I'm on Google's DNS btw)

Another point - While MTNL have raised speed caps & revised plans... word of advice... it's as good as useless for anyone if they're more than 1 to 1.5 km away from the exchange.. their lines just won't take it. I actually switched to the 8Mbps plan without the option of line bonding.. & I was promptly asked to revert back to 2Mbps by the local lines engineer for my area because they could not solve the problem of steady adsl signal ... my modem just would not hold a steady signal. Their reason - speeds of 2 Mbps & higher are best for those within 1 to 1.5 km from the exchange. Pathetic

I have Latency problems as MTNL is facing touting issues.. That's it.. And as usual the dis servers of MTNL are a little bit ****ed due to the rains..

yes. even my connection's facing erratic disconnection intervals. y'day was pretty bad. first, DCs in the morning till noon, then later, from late evening till late night, at random, but the DCs would occur every 2 mins or so, but thankfully, for only an equal amount of time, ie, connection-lost for only 2-4 mins, but the the frequency went high many-a-times. has been happening sometimes since the past few days, esp. on account of the rains i presume. for 2 days it would be stable & alright, but on the 3rd day, again some teeny-weeny DCs now-and-then. have decided to register a complaint if it happens again today/tomorrow (though again, now its stable, but can't say of tomorrow).

yes. even my connection's facing erratic disconnection intervals. y'day was pretty bad. first, DCs in the morning till noon, then later, from late evening till late night, at random, but the DCs would occur every 2 mins or so, but thankfully, for only an equal amount of time, ie, connection-lost for only 2-4 mins, but the the frequency went high many-a-times. has been happening sometimes since the past few days, esp. on account of the rains i presume. for 2 days it would be stable & alright, but on the 3rd day, again some teeny-weeny DCs now-and-then. have decided to register a complaint if it happens again today/tomorrow (though again, now its stable, but can't say of tomorrow).

Exactly my problem. It's been too erratic lately. Last night post 10pm it simply would not hold signal for even 2 mins. This morning started off the same.. then stablised around 1030.. now half an hour back the same crap... and it's now stable again. Tried G.dmt, G.lite but there was no difference.

Exactly my problem. It's been too erratic lately. Last night post 10pm it simply would not hold signal for even 2 mins. This morning started off the same.. then stablised around 1030.. now half an hour back the same crap... and it's now stable again. Tried G.dmt, G.lite but there was no difference.

even i used to fiddle with those modulation-settings on my previous modem. but got a new one some time back, and connected my router to it. to go back to the modem-page now to change those settings, i will have to switch off the router and log in to the modem-page, so i don't do it anymore. you must've tried with ADSL/ADSL2+ too? BTW, no single DC here for even a second today; has been rock-stable so far, but don't know about tomorrow. let's see.

I think emailing those big shot email ids does work. I had sent them an email about my speed issue (which then turned out to be my line problem and not MTNL). My dad received calls almost daily asking if my internet is working or not.

yes, it does. have read other people's accounts about that. had made a friend also do that once, and his line-issue got resolved too.

its highly erratic and random. ever since i wrote my last-to-last post, infact, a few moments since writing that post, got a DC, and then some more the following day. but its stable now.

i keep getting disconnections regularly from about 11.30 pm - 1 am almost every other day even though modem shows light that it is connected to net

Is anyone else getting random messages from an "MTNL app" while doing regular browsing? It looks like a normal pop-up ad. Will try taking a screenshot if I see it again.

If anyone here is using MTNL 2Mbps plan which falls back to 1Mbps after certain GBs of data, want to ask whether your speed actually went down to 1Mbps to stayed at 2Mbps throughout ?
I know it is stupid question but with MTNL such goofups (good for us) keeps happening.
As an example, few years back most people who took then 256kbps plan actually got 2Mbps speed for several months.

Was torrenting on MTNL connection yesterday and for around 3 torrents (Same stuff different episodes), and this is the speed I got on them. Not sure why. Btw this connection is 1Mbps UL.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422865635.618129.jpg

Back