Security Software MS antivirus automatically stops

I have MS antivirus installed on my Win7 ultimate. i find that it sometimes automatically stops when i open the pc on some mornings not everyday.

pls tell what could be the problem and how to solve it. My pc does auto update the windows.

As for zero day malware, it was not detected by any of the 50 AVs on Virustotal barring two. Next day though, almost all of them detected it.

Tested on hands against Kaspersky, Quick Heal and MSE. Neither of them could detect the malware. It was a Cryptolocker variant, BTW.

I have MS antivirus installed on my Win7 ultimate. i find that it sometimes automatically stops when i open the pc on some mornings not everyday.

pls tell what could be the problem and how to solve it. My pc does auto update the windows.

there are times when the software shows its off but its actually on. shutting down the process and restarting application does work. give it a try.

And its better than having no AV because we dont want to pay for it. And its OK to an acceptable level.

What we need is people taking care as to what they are doing with PCs with administrative rights.

As for why MSE does not work, would suggest to download Malware bytes and do a scan once to rule out any rogue program which is not detected by MSE.[DOUBLEPOST=1403072451][/DOUBLEPOST]
there are times when the software shows its off but its actually on. shutting down the process and restarting application does work. give it a try.

Yep, have seen the same. Shows Red icon for me, but on opening the app, shows protected.

Back