Mozilla Firefox 4.0 Final Version Released

Can anyone tell me why am having splash effect on fonts ... I faced the same on installing JAVA and on NetBeans as well

just updated, no Symantec toolbar add-on, when contacted i was told that i need to contact Symantec about their plans for supporting Firefox 4 :(

malhotraraul said:
just updated, no Symantec toolbar add-on, when contacted i was told that i need to contact Symantec about their plans for supporting Firefox 4 :(

This is one of my major concerns as i am unable to use the browser due to this sole reason. Though i am liking IE9 atm which has full support for Norton Toolbar...Finally, it looks like i am moving away from my favourite browser from the last 5 years :)

Any easy way to change the default for links from "Open" to "Open in new tab" ?

ie., I want links. favs etc to open in a new tab.

Ohk got the setting for getting the bad/ugly font rendering to work properly on Firefox 4 RC . And the problem on netbeans is sorted as it was happening after the jre update 22 .

Gaurish said:
lazy to compile from source, Any Deb packages for Ubuntu 10.04?

I hope you got binary debs else you can install via this ppa ppa:mozillateam/firefox-stable

I guess it should be pushed via the official repos by today.

BTW hardware accel rocks :D

I am also finding the fonts a bit distorted especially on the bookmarks toolbar and on tabs. Probably its because I upgraded and did not do a clean re-install. Will try doing a clean re-install later. I hope the Sync feature works fine as I was dependent on FEBE always to take backups of my bookmarks and preferences.

PS: If I do a clean reinstall, will I be able to restore all my data using Firefox Sync?

I did a complete reinstall after removing registry entries profiles and all ... still facing issues of fonts and its cause of hardware acc. [I say this cause when I disable the option the fonts are back to normal again].

deathgoddg said:
I did a complete reinstall after removing registry entries profiles and all ... still facing issues of fonts and its cause of hardware acc. [I say this cause when I disable the option the fonts are back to normal again].
How do you disable the hardware acceleration? And any side-effects of doing that?

options>advanced ... only side effect i can think of is not hardware acc support ... i really dont know why the fonts is behaving so strange ... googling give soltuion of updating driver ... even then my driver is ATi 11.4 preview how much more can i be updated?? :S

deathgoddg said:
any ati users having problem on hardware rendering?
I think you are facing that issue bcos you are using 11.4 preview driver... To get rid of that problem I would advice you to to downgrade from 11.4 to 11.2 or 11.1

ohk will try that :p .. I was reluctant to downgrade as the 11.4 gave better graphics on lastest games with better FPS ..but now I have completed it so will try downgrading it :).

Back