PC Peripherals Mouse + Mouse Pad for 4k

crvinay_4u

Adept
Apr 29, 2009
A friend of mine wants to buy a gaming mouse and pad under a budget of 4k.My natural suggestion was DA+goliathus large.I just wanted to ask is there a better combo under 4k .
TIA

fLUX

Skilled
Nov 21, 2009
Bangalore
my advice purely for cs 1.6 :) , i have not tried how mouse performs for other games.

I found DA to be pretty comfortable mouse and it was vfm , but i seriously dont like the current 3500 dpi DA's ,the 1800 dpi ones were much better performers for CS 1.6 . Still since it his first Death adder buy i guess he wont find any difference , Another mouse to consider in this budget is Steelseries Ikari optical/laser , have tried the optical one for arnd 10-20 mins and must say they also are pretty food.

As far as mousepad goes if you buy a death adder goliathus large speed edition will be the best buy otherwise you can consider the special edition qck + pads like fnatic edition . tyloo edition .

crvinay_4u

Adept
Apr 29, 2009
mostly cs1.6 and css. I have another doubt.I bought my goliathus without checking into speed/control and ended up buying control.i've never used speed and from what i read it helps low sensitivity gamers .Is it true? Many friends insist that speed or control does not matter.

DA is decided.Which mouse pad now goliathus speed or control?

He's a low sensitivity player and uses palm grip.

Assault primarily.Only scrims no pubbing :p

fLUX

Skilled
Nov 21, 2009
Bangalore
Its somewhat true that control is for low sensitivity players but even high sensitivity players can use it though , but control gives you rough surface hence fricition is less i.e mouse doesnt glide/slide whereas in speed edition mouse glides too much initially and it settles to about normal after prolonged usage , i had bought a Goliathus Fragged speed edition ended selling it up was it was too smooth.

ISHROCZ_14

Adept
Oct 1, 2009
crvinay_4u said:
DA is decided.Which mouse pad now goliathus speed or control?

He's a low sensitivity player and uses palm grip.

buy control :D even though its said that its for maggers .. you/frnd will love control .. even i find speed too smooth !!

DA is done .. still i would recommend using mx before purchasing the mouse :)

fLUX

Skilled
Nov 21, 2009
Bangalore
Mx-518 imba mouse :) , the only reason i would not recommend mx is one you cannot overlock the polling freq on windows 7 (or can we >??) , 2nd reason if you are a low sensitivity player you tend to drag the mouse a lot in cs 1.6 and what happens is the conenctor on the tip of the mouse tends to get loose connection and you end up suffering from the optical light disspearing problem . (owned 2 mx ,1st one got the same issue no warranty bought another mx got the same issue for the same and then rmaed the same , new one still fine :) )

ALPHA17

Cooler "Master"
Skilled
Jan 6, 2010
Delhi, India
^^

Razer Death Adder / Razer Abyssuss / Steelseries Ikari [optical] ~ 2000/- OR 1200/- OR 2100/-

For mouse-mat, you'll eventually get used to a Speed edition mat, get either of these --

Razer Goliathus [control edition] ~ 500/- OR 700/- OR 1100/- [S / M / L sizes]

Roccat Sense [Speed Mat] ~ 1100/- [excellent mat, beautiful control, so smooth your mouse will drift on it like the cars in Tokyo Drift]

Rantopad H3 / H1 ~ 300/- TO 500/- [great value mats give 80% of Razer's performance and cost a fraction].

Hope this helps.

crvinay_4u

Adept
Apr 29, 2009
ALPHA17 said:
^^

Razer Death Adder / Razer Abyssuss / Steelseries Ikari [optical] ~ 2000/- OR 1200/- OR 2100/-

For mouse-mat, you'll eventually get used to a Speed edition mat, get either of these --

Razer Goliathus [control edition] ~ 500/- OR 700/- OR 1100/- [S / M / L sizes]

Roccat Sense [Speed Mat] ~ 1100/- [excellent mat, beautiful control, so smooth your mouse will drift on it like the cars in Tokyo Drift]

Rantopad H3 / H1 ~ 300/- TO 500/- [great value mats give 80% of Razer's performance and cost a fraction].

Hope this helps.

Thanks Alpha.goliathus large retails for 800 rs at hyderabad :)

How will the roccat sense perform with DA?

Looking at sense and ikari now :)

ALPHA17

Cooler "Master"
Skilled
Jan 6, 2010
Delhi, India
^^ The Roccat Sense I've used with a Steelseries Ikari [optical] and it performs well, I like the smooth finish, helps my smaller Razer Salmosa perform miles better than average [it feels better than with my large size Goliathus though it needs some getting used too], so all I'll say is Razer Death Adder will feel like its gone on nitro. A good buy.

Also ask around for the Rantopad, here is a 21 mat round-up -- [M] 21-Way Mousepad Roundup.

Hope this helps, Sire.

cOOl_chap

Adept
Mar 18, 2006
www.v-street.net
If you haven't made your purchase yet....then you might want to check out the offer on Roccat Kova and Roccat Sense....

The combo is available for around 3.2 kz with some dealers in Mumbai....