Momo's in mumbai (Western Suburbs)

LifezGooD

Adept
Can anyone tell me where you can get good momo's in the western suburbs? Is there any proper tibetan resturant where I can check for them.
I have seen a couple of stalls in Oberoi Mall and Inorbit but don't feel like visiting them.

^^ F|0ocy you so have to visit Sikkim to taste the best momo's. I have been searching for the same taste since I left sikkim in 2004, but six years and 2 Metros (NCR and Mumbai) and i'm still waiting.

LifezGooD said:
Can anyone tell me where you can get good momo's in the western suburbs? Is there any proper tibetan resturant where I can check for them.
I have seen a couple of stalls in Oberoi Mall and Inorbit but don't feel like visiting them.

Sernyaa Tibetan Restaurant. google map has the location to this place.

Most chinese places will have momos ... check China House in Galleria, Wanton House on Hill Road, Bandra, 5 spice in Pali Hill Bandra and Saibaan in Colaba.. :)....

^^^Puns, have you tried Momo's at Sernyaa Tibetan Restaurant ?

chic_magnet : They have but they never serve it with a proper chutney and that my friend breaks the deal as momo by itself does not have much of taste except for a bit of seasoning. And trust me you don't want to eat a momo with schezwan sauce.
Found a review for Sernyaa Tibetan Restaurant : http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/thupka-treat/305439/.

Looks tempting, has anyone visited this place

if u were in Delhi, i must have told you where you can get the best momos in east delhi..

the chicken momos are awesome at this place, can't comment about veg as i don't personally like them..

LifezGooD said:
chic_magnet : They have but they never serve it with a proper chutney and that my friend breaks the deal as momo by itself does not have much of taste except for a bit of seasoning. And trust me you don't want to eat a momo with schezwan sauce.

Can you tell us what is the proper way for momo's to be served ?

hackboy89 said:
if u were in Delhi, i must have told you where you can get the best momos in east delhi..

the chicken momos are awesome at this place, can't comment about veg as i don't personally like them..

there's a really good place in nfc in delhi. is that the one you're referring to?

spindoctor said:
there's a really good place in nfc in delhi. is that the one you're referring to?

nah nah.. it is located in east delhi near yamuna sports complex.. and it not one of the retail chain outlets.. simple hangout spot for teenagers serving really good momos.. :D

LifezGooD said:
The proper way is momo with the red chilly and garlic chutney and clear soup with soy sauce

ya that's the most widely accepted(n tasty too)way in which momo's can be served...
but real chinese momo's are supposed to be had wid a custom sauce that u can make by putting together a little soya sauce,vinegar n a little chilli powder pre-soaked in hot oil...n ya salt to taste!!!!:hap2:

^^ But momo is not Chinese but tibetan. Hence the way i mentioned above is the way its served in tibetan cuzine.

Link : Momo (food) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Momo (Tibetan: མོག་མོག་; Wylie: mog mog, Nepali:म:म:, is a type of dumpling native to Himalayas of Tibet. It is similar to Mongolian buuz, Chinese jiaozi, or Central Asian manti, closely related to Russian pelmeni, German Maultaschen or Italian Ravioli.

I once had Momo , it was tasteless ..without the chutney and stuff. Never dared having it again . :ashamed:

LifezGooD said:
^^ F|0ocy you so have to visit Sikkim to taste the best momo's. I have been searching for the same taste since I left sikkim in 2004, but six years and 2 Metros (NCR and Mumbai) and i'm still waiting.

I'm half Nepali, I HAVE tasted the best and most genuine momos. :)

LifezGooD said:

+1 to that...

I had visited Sikkim long time back. On way to Gangtok, stopped at a small restaurant, those were the BEST chicken/veg momo's I had ever had and of course in Gangtok. It was simply heavenly.

I never ever could taste the same thing here in Delhi/NCR, have been around to so many places but simply couldnt get the same taste.

Sernyaa is teh awesome!

Been there a couple of times while I was in Bombay. Great food.. don't bother with the ambiance and all. Go there just for the food ;)

Back