PC Peripherals modem problem

Maverick

Disciple
guys I have a d-link 56k modem (dmf560e).intially I was using the modem with wn98.Recently I have installed the modem in winxp but there is a problem.The modem doesn,t connect at good speeds.the max that I have got is 36kb.
I have tried the xp drivers but Xp says they are not digitally signed,and when it is installed the spped problem.

go to --- control panel --> phone and modem options -->modem --> properties --> advanced --- and put this in the initilization settings -- AT+MS=,,44000,52000.
this will force the modem to connect at higher speeds and also not to retrain back to a lower speed after some time..
also chk you phone line dude..
also go to http://www.utilitysoft.co.nz/ and download modem chk utility... to chk out some extra commands... you might wanna try out.
hope i helped!

what port does the modem use...does it connect thru an actual COM port or it connects via virtual com port through USB?

Try checking control panel>system>hardware>device manager>com ports>settings and check the speed of the com port through which the modem connects...set it to 115200 an retry...post the results too when done....

strange. I have exact same modem and above string works like a charm.
Also when you load generic drivers the speed it tells you (usually 115kbps) is not the true speed. Even if it says 115 Kbps it will be connected at 36Kbps if thats what installing proper drivers says.
It can be a line problem. Its not always a modem problem.
My PC always connect at 36 or 38.6 or 40Kbps.
Not higher. but i still get download speeds of 4.5-4.7Kbps regularly and 5.1-5.4 KBps after 10PM.

I have the same modem, always connected at 57.6k using generic xp drivers.
Not using any strings.

What's weird though is after a format recently, it only connects at 115.2kbps and maybe 40kbps sometimes.

Download speeds are same as before 3.5 to 4.5k

Back