Misleading Ads?

vivek.krishnan

BLR~ZRS-TX-1-MX
Skilled
I was browsing through flipkart, and I saw this ad for mobile phones.

x5icrqq.png

So, I just decided to see what is this phone that I can get at 2.7K

I end up here : http://www.flipkart.com/value-store

Looking at the specs of the 2.7K phone, which is a Karbonn A50, with just 256MB of RAM, I think rather than VFM, it is going to be more of hair pulling, bheja fry :p

Last edited:
Misleading Ads = More gullible customers.

But I dont see anything misleading. They have given the specs and people are free to research n then purchase.
They have given service center list also which means they will be useful soon :facepalm:

At that price of 2.5k, there are worse phones available from xyz companies and sell like hot cakes in tier 2, 3 towns.
These are better than those :D

I guess the use of the word 'powerful' is misleading, but in comparison with feature phones, it is powerful and can do a lot more.

It nowhere states that the said phone is more powerful than feature phones
Yep, that's marketing for you :D What's powerful depends entirely on the individual. People like us who keep abreast with all the latest technology and yearn for the latest and the greatest will never fall for it. But there are only a few of our kind. There are many who will consider this a powerful phone from their perspective.

I was expecting to see something about the endless stream of fairness cream ads on tv.
Those are still technically smartphones for people who can't afford the big ones.

Back