Mid End gaming rig for 30-35k

ambar_hitman

Disciple
Hi all,

This is my first topic in TE. I am not in touch with PC hardware scene since a year. So I am not aware with current hardware specs. I am looking for a new gaming RIG with budget of 30-35k. Here goes the template:

1.Q: What is your budget?
a.30-35k

2.Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
a. 22inch Sony LCD TV supporting full HD resolution via HDMI.

3.Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
a. 22inch Sony LCD TV supporting full HD resolution via HDMI.

4.Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
a. Nothing decided

5.Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
a.Might upgrade CPU after a year or so if current one bottlenecks. If a dual GPU capable mobo comes in budget, I will be happy. Also might go for a LED 3D monitor. But everything after a year.

6.Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
a. Pune. Might buy GPU online if its not available. Even keyboard and Mouse I can get it online. Rest all from Pune dealer.

9.Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
a. I would like Gigabyte mobo as they have better service in India. But I would like to hear other options as my dealer might get others cheaper.
b. I would prefer Nvidia GPU as I have suffered too much with ATI driver problems which still are going on with every latest game. Case in point is Rage. Also 3D and PhysX.

10.Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
a. Except strategy, every game.

11.Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
1.Gaming - 1366x768/full HD depending upon performance. I would prefer max settings even though it means I am dropping resolution to 720p. Not a big fan of 8xMSAA, 2xAA is sufficient.
b.Desktop - full HD

12.Q: Are you looking to overclock?
a.No

13.Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
a.Windows 7 64 bit

Thanks in advance

Components Description Price (INR)

Processor Core i3 2100 6200

Motherboard Intel DH67BL(B3) 5100

RAM Corsair 4GB DDRIII 1333MHz 1250

HDD Seagate 500GB 7200.12 4200

GPU MSI Cyclone OC HD6850 1GB GDDR5 PE 9850

Cabinet NZXT Gamma 2100

PSU Seasonic S12II 430w 2800

Key Board Logitech MMKB 400

Mouse Gigabyte GM6800 650

ODD Samsung 22X SATA DVD 950

Total 33500

Hard disk prices have soared in the past week or so due to floods in Thailand. So if you already have a spare SATA HDD then please do make use of the same. You can invest the amount saved in a better processor.(Core i5 2400 ~ 9.6k)

AMD drivers have matured and the HD6850 is the best GPU in your budget. There are many happy HD6850 owners in TE. You can wait for them to chip in with their happy tales with regards to gaming with their card. You can get that GPU model from SMC International, Delhi.

If the PSU is not available you can get it from TheITWares, Mumbai. Both the dealers have registered in TE.

If you need a speaker you can get the Altec Lansing 2.1 VS2621 Rs.1650. The price of 1TB HDD is ~5.4k.

Thanks but WTF at HDD prices. Are they expected to come down soon? What were the prices before floods? I cant go for below 1 TB. I think I will wait. Is waiting recommended?
And I really like to go for i5 2400, mainly for PCSX2 so that I can play my PS2 games and sell off the PS2. I will extend the budget for CPU. Mobo will be the same, right?
What is direct competitor of 6850 in Nvidia segment?

500gb was 2000/-

And

1Tb was 2750/- or 2800/-

I am using a 6850 and the competitor is GTX460 1gb (consumes more power than 6850)..

Yes Mobo would be the same.

Nah.. Sorry to disappoint you ... I havent played rage on it.. Playing BF3 on ultra with vsync on at 1600x900 and to my surprise getting 50+ frames in Sp and 45 to 50 in MP

Yes I did... 35 to 40 on avg... Not more than that... It was a heavy game... I remember toning down settings a little bit... Not much... Eye candy remained the same... I am ATI/AMD fanboi, but whatever said is never biased. Only problem I found was while playing Metro2033 in ultra settings.. During firing scenes, it used to lag (23 to 27 fps),but at that time I had gigabyte 460 PSU... NFS hot pursuit 2011 used to lag when maxed out, but after getting GS600 PSU, it was butter smooth. So I guess the same must be applicable to Metro2033... Not buttersmooth, but playable enough...

Guys I am BUMPING this topic instead of creating a new one. Is now the correct time for a PC purchase? Are prices norma? The requirements are same as OP.

Well the prices are same actually,hdd prices may come down in june but no guarantee,as for your config buy it there no point in waiting,although you can wait for HD7850 or kepler series launch.
Guys I am BUMPING this topic instead of creating a new one. Is now the correct time for a PC purchase? Are prices norma? The requirements are same as OP.

Finally got it. Went for an AMD build instead:

AMD 1055T 7500

Gigabyte 880M mobo 4000

MSI ATI 6850 1 GB DDR5 9900

Corsair CX 500 PSU 3500

1 TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 HDD 5500

Samsung DVD Writer 1000

Corsair 4 GB 1600 Mhz RAM 1600

CM Elite 371 2700

Overpriced by 700, but that is the best I got in Pune, and very fast. Ordering from Mumbai would have cost me 35k.

Back