Microsoft will pay you Rs 1,000 if your smartphone beats Windows Phone

It is almost impossible to beat it at simple tasks. Give us a challenge though and then Android will burn through it. For a casual user though, it is perfect. Great marketing from Microsoft as that's their target.

Its similar to that Ad from Mahindra,its for their scooter . If someone purchases any other scooter make after driving their,Mahindra would give you 500 bucks cash.

I think the simple tasks challenge makes more sense than "give us a challenge and android will burn". This ad and phones in general are for mass market and not for stupid benchmarks apps. People don't use phones to always make complex calculations for cancer research or running PS3 games on those small screens. They basically want a functional device to do basic tasks each day which probably forms majority of the usage (apart from heavy usage limited to less number of users).
That is where the ad targets.

But then @ Raks,this is how they advertize their products. They have to think something different than Apple or Google.

Microsoft is taking our indian market very seriously. Just see their windows 8 ads on television.

On topic i think any smartphone without it's smart apps is only a dumbphone.

Funnily enough, I often equate Android with Windows XP.

Trying-too-hard UI : Check.
Lots of modding and customisation options : Check.
Thousands of applications and softwares : Check.
Falls apart over time : Check.

Back on topic, I think MS is doing the right thing. I know a lot of people (mainly budget android phone buyers) who are thoroughly fed up of their Android phone because it can't do simple tasks like opening Gallery without force closing or lagging. If MS can get these people they can catch a sizeable bunch of people.

MS is offering only Rs 1000, shame on you MS. I thought you can do more. If you are offering me a FREE brand new Nokia 925 , then maybe I will attempt. Else I am very happy with my Android phone.

I don't want the BSOD on my mobile, I believe they must have changed it to Green color now, so it will be GSOD. My friend sometime back returned a Lumia *20, as it had hanging/rebooting problems.

The simple tasks as per Nokia / Microsoft might be like the ones they show in their stupid Lumia 520 Ads, book my show, yahoo cricket, weather, take that funny picture and upload on fu(kbook (that is serious breach of privacy).
Great phone lame ad.
Lame for who?

When discussing ads you must always do it from the target market's point of view. You don't think the majority of users would like to check cricket scores, book tickets and upload to facebook from their mobiles? There is a truck oil being advertised all the time when cricket is going on. Does it appeal to me? Obviously not, but the target market would definitely keep that in mind when they give a visit to their mechanic.

Regarding the features shown in the ads, I never do those things myself, but I can see the appeal. Not a lame ad at all. Only gripe is that they keep showing the same features over and over for months; they should alternate between different versions of ads.

The simple tasks as per Nokia / Microsoft might be like the ones they show in their stupid Lumia 520 Ads, book my show, yahoo cricket, weather, take that funny picture and upload on fu(kbook (that is serious breach of privacy).
Great phone lame ad.

Actually these simple tasks are what most people do in their day to day life, checking cricket scores, checking weather, emails, facebook uploads and booking movie tickets etc are more common tasks now than making calls.

The stupid iphone Ad describing the magical Panorama feature fits the description of a Lame Ad!!

The stupid iphone Ad describing the magical Panorama feature fits the description of a Lame Ad!!
I think even that ad fits their target market. Apple ads have a sort of aura to them, all white and clean and an illusion of perfection. For us it is lame as we know that every other phone has the same feature for it to be called magical, but does everyone know that? Tricking the customer is also one of the functionality of ads.

Actually these simple tasks are what most people do in their day to day life, checking cricket scores, checking weather, emails, facebook uploads and booking movie tickets etc are more common tasks now than making calls.

Where did i mention iPhone in this entire thread (except this post) ? :confused:

Great phone lame ad.
All those simple tasks depend on speed of internet and signal strength given by particular mobile operator.
Even if the ad shows they are in lift, the building might be having a tower nearby too. Or like all ads, the lift would be fake with a wifi router nearby. Or the sequences might have been sped up a bit to fit in the 10 second ad slot.

If they were in a lift in an area with weak signal could the phone do those tasks as fast as shown in the ad remains to be seen.

Back