Micromax Q3

universal said:
kindly post some pics of micromax Q3 whn u get hold on it
Sure...even i am excited before i could buy it !
I will sure do it !

devilz_workshop said:
when r u buying it?
actually, i find it out of stock or not available in any store i visit !
the rate though is Rs.4000-4200 everywhere !

I am from bhubaneswar !
i am going to bangalore 18th of this month; and if i dont find it till that day in bhubaneswar, i will get it from there !

yeah that seems to be the price.

i didnt care checking with local dealers. they are usually like 'dont buy this, they've got warranty problem' buy this buy that. bloody idiots say same thing for every brand that they dont sell :p

http://www.mobilephonereviews.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/lg-gw300-mobile-phone.bmp
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadgetmobile.com/media/2009/07/lg-gw300-lgblogde-sm.jpg
http://www.micromaxinfo.com/product...2009/06/micromax-q3-image_regional-avatar.jpg
This phone seems better than LG GW300 in functionality..though the lg phone support EDGE and got better display, camera, keypad and connectivity and other functions, looks "much much much" better than Q3, both the phone are java set..that is, both are almost same..and the micromax one is a dual sim..so what we really need now is user rating..
:)

i didnt check with the guy i usually buy my Cellphones from. apparently he's selling some. he says that they are selling pretty well.

I did get to see and touch the cell. it's pretty nice actually. Screen's adequately sized

It reminded me of my old set, NGage QD. Screen's with 2.62 M colors but isnt as sharp as my Moto ROKR's . Keypad is simlar to that of NGage, crystal-sh (as in hard plastic). I'd have loved it if it was a soft one.

Also, comparing Q3 with LG one, Keys on LG one are looking better. but one can't tell exactly from the pic. It's available for 4200 over here and I am just thinking abt waiting for LG to release that phone, or atleast release the price or the info if it'll come to India

burochokkotti said:
http://www.mobilephonereviews.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/lg-gw300-mobile-phone.bmp
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadgetmobile.com/media/2009/07/lg-gw300-lgblogde-sm.jpg
http://www.micromaxinfo.com/product...2009/06/micromax-q3-image_regional-avatar.jpg
This phone seems better than LG GW300 in functionality..though the lg phone support EDGE and got better display, camera, keypad and connectivity and other functions, looks "much much much" better than Q3, both the phone are java set..that is, both are almost same..and the micromax one is a dual sim..so what we really need now is user rating..
:)

devilz_workshop said:
i didnt check with the guy i usually buy my Cellphones from. apparently he's selling some. he says that they are selling pretty well.
I did get to see and touch the cell. it's pretty nice actually. Screen's adequately sized

It reminded me of my old set, NGage QD. Screen's with 2.62 M colors but isnt as sharp as my Moto ROKR's . Keypad is simlar to that of NGage, crystal-sh (as in hard plastic). I'd have loved it if it was a soft one.

Also, comparing Q3 with LG one, Keys on LG one are looking better. but one can't tell exactly from the pic. It's available for 4200 over here and I am just thinking abt waiting for LG to release that phone, or atleast release the price or the info if it'll come to India

devilz_workshop said:
what really is tempting is that it's got 2 SIM slots =D

devilz_workshop said:
Sorry for spamming this thread but LG GW300's resolution is way better than Q3

Lets Analyze !

Q3 :
pros :
Dual Sim
Practically Better keypad (u can feel it once u see both at a time)
Durability is more
More battery life
cheaper cost = Rs 4000.00 only !
software doesnt hang (one of the best feature)

cons :
no vol control
stupid camera
no call waiting
GW300
pros :
EDGE
better display
better camera
better connectivity
[vol control and call wait is there]

cons :
keypad is bad (it tried to copy the blackberry bold unssuccessfully !)
battery life (one thing i can gurantee is its having poor battery life !)
durability (no,no,no, this phone is not durable at all...made with cheap and hard plastic material)
cost = estimated to be around Rs 5500.00
What i found out :
Q3 for everything but media
GW300 for media also

I think LG one's Keypad's a better one. keys are larger and they look soft. trust me, soft keys are better (that obviously depends on diff suts, but u get the point)

battery life, i dont think it'll be worst than 4 hrs talk time. but only time will tell

About Camera : nobody knows what GW300's got. LG hsnt released that info yet so we cant really say that LG on is better or not

my verdict : u gotta wait till it's released, i dont want to jump things and regret later :p

obviously, if it's priced @5.5k as u guessed, i'll go for Q3, unless reviews for GW300 are above avg.

So, I am going to wait :p

and u?

also, GW300 isnt probably made of cheap Plastic. set is yet to be launched and i think it's too early to comment on built quality just by seeing some pics that have been made on some graphic Software :p

LG does know how to make nice and cheap cellphones.

26499279.png

This is a size comparision of Q3 and LG GW300 (based on screen size)

PS : it relies on the hope that LG's screen hsnt got any unnecessary black spaces on either side :p

devilz_workshop said:
I think LG one's Keypad's a better one. keys are larger and they look soft. trust me, soft keys are better (that obviously depends on diff suts, but u get the point)

battery life, i dont think it'll be worst than 4 hrs talk time. but only time will tell

About Camera : nobody knows what GW300's got. LG hsnt released that info yet so we cant really say that LG on is better or not

my verdict : u gotta wait till it's released, i dont want to jump things and regret later :p
obviously, if it's priced @5.5k as u guessed, i'll go for Q3, unless reviews for GW300 are above avg.

So, I am going to wait :p

and u?
Hmm....as discussed in some other places, and mobile review sites and all that i could find id that LG is gonna give out a cam of 3.2MP with GW300.
Now, if thats true, then LG cam would be far better coz Q3, as everyone knows gives a stupid cam !
devilz_workshop said:
also, GW300 isnt probably made of cheap Plastic. set is yet to be launched and i think it's too early to comment on built quality just by seeing some pics that have been made on some graphic Software :p

LG does know how to make nice and cheap cellphones.
no, this i can conform...the set is not durable at all...it with the regard that LG has already launches a similar type of handset in chinese market which has got bad reviews !

devilz_workshop said:
26499279.png

This is a size comparision of Q3 and LG GW300 (based on screen size)

PS : it relies on the hope that LG's screen hsnt got any unnecessary black spaces on either side :p
nice comparison, never noted that !
so, yeah,the screensize makes a good deal for LG.

but, seriously, do you like the build of LG one over Q3 one ?
i think(my opinion) the Q3 looks better...what say ?

Finally, I am gonna wait until the price and all features are released for LG GW300 !

BIKI said:
Hmm....as discussed in some other places, and mobile review sites and all that i could find id that LG is gonna give out a cam of 3.2MP with GW300.
Now, if thats true, then LG cam would be far better coz Q3, as everyone knows gives a stupid cam !

no, this i can conform...the set is not durable at all...it with the regard that LG has already launches a similar type of handset in chinese market which has got bad reviews !
nice comparison, never noted that !
so, yeah,the screensize makes a good deal for LG.

but, seriously, do you like the build of LG one over Q3 one ?
i think(my opinion) the Q3 looks better...what say ?

Finally, I am gonna wait until the price and all features are released for LG GW300 !

well, i didnt know that abt LG, hmmm

yeah, it's smaller and yet it's screen and Keys are larger

If LG is giving 3.2 MP cam then price will be over 7.5k man

Q3 is bit on the shiny side of the things, keybad kind of looks cheap , though its of nice quality. So yeah, waiting is for best :D

hmm...u say its will be of 7.5k at least ?

well, i am pretty sure they are giving 3.2 MP cam !

but, according to LG, it will be a phone of 5k - 5.5 k range !

they want it to be a lower mid segment phone !

yeah, lets wait...LG GW300 looks, to me, crap on pic....just waiting for the phone to launch.,...

then, we will go for the best !
happy55.gif

Back