Micromax Funbook (Allwinner A10 based tablets) Discussion Thread

So anybody tried Kangbook yet? I'm on Cyanbook 0.4 and too comfortable here so don't feel like shifting at all.

But many people are reporting Kangbook is the lightest Custom ROM available yet for the Funbook. And I like the screens too.

Guys , planning to get FB
is the screen guard provided with it is good enough to be used permanently

if not suggest some under 200 bucks (no ebay links)...
i got one for my mobile for 30 bucks...works like a charm...no scratches yet
i think anything above that is plain stupid
FK is selling it for 600 bucks...come on... is it worth that much money...its plain ripoff

I am going abroad for ~6 weeks soon, I normally rent a laptop for my home browsing/light downloading/avi watching needs. However the low cost tablets seem tempting.

The FB price is probably the maximum I will spend on a tablet for now, so in that will I be able to

a) Browse the net like a normal laptop
b) be able to download stuff to the internal storage/sd card(say a 20 min open source video in mkv ;) )
c) load & watch videos (mostly non-hd stuff)
d) do minor document editing (mostly spreadsheets/word)
e) Voice (no video) chat

I will have internet via WiFi for the above activities

I am going abroad for ~6 weeks soon, I normally rent a laptop for my home browsing/light downloading/avi watching needs. However the low cost tablets seem tempting.

The FB price is probably the maximum I will spend on a tablet for now, so in that will I be able to

a) Browse the net like a normal laptop Yes!
b) be able to download stuff to the internal storage/sd card(say a 20 min open source video in mkv ;) Depends on size! You'll get 1.8 Gb of internal storage!
c) load & watch videos (mostly non-hd stuff) Yes!
d) do minor document editing (mostly spreadsheets/word) Yes!
e) Voice (no video) chat Yes!

I will have internet via WiFi for the above activities
Answered in BOLD.

Thanks a lot N5233 :). I also am looking at the raspberry pi + my external HDD (seperate power) + tv out as a possible option. Any thoughts on the PI fulfilling similar requirements.

Hey, looks impressive (not the back tho.. looks a bit ugly)...
And of course nice detailed review :)

So where u able to install CWM Recovery on that tab ?
Thanks mate. No, the volume rocker or power button is not working in CWN :(

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

great specs...
but what about the warranty support...
and where to procure one from

You can get NXG Xtab Plus from here
NXG Electronics Pvt Ltd

Back