Micromax Funbook (Allwinner A10 based tablets) Discussion Thread

#Black_Hawk
Gone bad means no display i can just see a white bright light on the screen nothing else , no had not put a screenguard had a leather case though

#Black_Hawk
Gone bad means no display i can just see a white bright light on the screen nothing else , no had not put a screenguard had a leather case though

OMG, that sounds bad. Have you contacted their service center which is nearest to your location and asked them if they can get you a replacement?

Try Cyanbook 0.4 Guys! Its Epic :D

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

And Try my Battery Mods too :D

I'm finally willing to use the custom firmware. Please post the link and tutorial on how to flash as I HAVE NO IDEA. With your battery mods too.

Here are some things before that:
- I have CWM installed
- Rooted, Superuser installed

For apps:
- I have Titanium backup. So if I backup an app, will my settings within the app be saved? So that I can simply restore the app as if nothing ever happened?

For flashing:
- I have ZERO knowledge on how to do it. Tell me everything (or a super slow and detailed guide to backup my present ROM incase I screw up, and what all and how to flash
- There is a ROM file and Gapps file. What the hell is Gapps?

Also, any chance for JELLY BEAN port for Funbook?

I'm finally willing to use the custom firmware. Please post the link and tutorial on how to flash as I HAVE NO IDEA. With your battery mods too.

- I have CWM installed
- Rooted, Superuser installed

For apps:
- I have Titanium backup. So if I backup an app, will my settings within the app be saved? So that I can simply restore the app as if nothing ever happened?
Yes

For flashing:
- I have ZERO knowledge on how to do it. Tell me everything (or a super slow and detailed guide to backup my present ROM incase I screw up, and what all and how to flash
Backup using CWM...
this backups all the partitions
system,data,etc
that means the phone can be restored to the prvios state\

it contains google apps..
it is seperated to avoid legal issues

I know you are a beginner ...i was one too
but instead of asking such trivial Qs..it is better to learn on your own through xda ,modaco and other forums...
that way u can be more sure of what u r doing

^^ I've been doing that since last half an hour :p

@
tell me, when I go to recovery mode and backup my present ROM, does everything including DATA and APPS get backed up?

So that means if I restore it, I will get exact same as what I'm using now correct? Just clarify this part so that I can delete unnecessary data and apps to reduce the size of my backup.

Last edited by a moderator:

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Any idea will it work with me Domo N9SE. Configuration is the same as funbook. A10/Mali GPU. Its just that CPU is clocked at 1.2Ghz?

^^ Funbook CPU clocked at 1.2 Ghz too.

I need to know about v6 Super Charger and Adrenaline Boost. Can they both be used together?

And I didn't understand what exactly Super Charger is, because the post is SOOOO CONFUSING.

Any idea will it work with me Domo N9SE. Configuration is the same as funbook. A10/Mali GPU. Its just that CPU is clocked at 1.2Ghz?
You can Flash it. If your tab requires some special drivers, You'll have to add them. Ask @karndev for more info!

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

^^ Funbook CPU clocked at 1.2 Ghz too.

I need to know about v6 Super Charger and Adrenaline Boost. Can they both be used together?

And I didn't understand what exactly Super Charger is, because the post is SOOOO CONFUSING.
Yeah.. you can use both together. I personally Prefer adrenaline. I have used SuperCharger But it gives me less free RAM. :(
Though overall speed is Improved, Less free RAM is not Good :|

@comp@ddict Shit i meant 1.0 Ghz Not 1.2Ghz. and Yeah i've talked to karndev on xda though still wanted to ask if someone else had flashed this rom on some other device than funbook. I flashed his v0.3 Cyan book on a friends funbook. :)
@karndev you on TE too. Didn't knew.

- I have CWM installed Nice!
- Rooted, Superuser installed Nice!

For apps:
- I have Titanium backup. So if I backup an app, will my settings within the app be saved? So that I can simply restore the app as if nothing ever happened? Yes!

For flashing:
1. Go to recovery. (Volume - and Power Button when Tab is Switched off)
2. Go to Backup and Restore>Backup. It'll backup your current ROM.
3. Flashing: Download Cyanbook and GApps Zip on External SD Card.
4. Go to Recovery>Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Then Advanced>Wipe Dalvik Cache.
5. Again Come Back to Recovery's Main Menu. Install Zip From SD Card>Choose Zip> Select the Cyanbook Zip. Select Yes. After that is Done. Flash the GApps Zip By Same Method.
6. Reboot. You are now in Cyanbook :D
@v.Na5h Answered!

Yeah! A Dev is Working on Same! You will get results soon :D
Answered in ​BOLD.

Thanks a ton N5233

Okay, an issue has cropped up. I've used Titanium Backup Before. But this time it says my device is not rooted. What? Did my device just un-root itself? Is that even possible?

Will that be an issue? I think I should go ahead with flashing as that will root my device on it's own right?

Thanks a ton @N5233

Okay, an issue has cropped up. I've used Titanium Backup Before. But this time it says my device is not rooted. What? Did my device just un-root itself? Is that even possible?

Will that be an issue? I think I should go ahead with flashing as that will root my device on it's own right?

Check if you device lost its root using app -> Root checker.

I dunno whether it will be an issue or not.
Yes after flashing Cyanbook your device will be rooted.

^^ Yup it has lost its root. But thank god for a way to boot into recovery from settings.

I've never been able to boot to recovery using Volume + Power button. Always, the tablet starts up.

Flashing Cyanbook 0.4 now.

w00t any idea why that's happening? Hope MMX fixes the issue for you. Hope it doesn't start happening to all other devices.

I hope that they bloody well do that. Else I am dumping this device ASAP. Also, they have done a very shoddy job of the battery issue which i mentioned last time. The back cover keeps popping up slightly. And finally, ony having two service centres is a big thumbs down in itself for mumbai,

#vivek.krishnan
I dont know if my touch is working fine cause all i can see is white light :p .
Will take it to service centre this weekend and ask for replacement/repair

I'm thoroughly happy and disappointed with Cyanbook 0.4

+ great ROM
- 56 MB ram only. Stock ROM gave me 100-115 MB free ram. This is causing serious performance issues

Also, there is an AOKP project on Funbook going on over at xda.

Back