Micromax Canvas 4 with 13MP Camera Launched For Rs 17,990

RoBoGhOsT

Perambulating
Skilled
Micromax has finally unveiled the specs and pricing of the Canvas 4 at a press event in Delhi today. The Canvas 4 is priced at Rs 17,999 and will be launched this weekend.

The Canvas 4 gets upgraded 13MP rear camera with Autofocus, optical image stabilization and LED flash and 5MP front facing camera. It can shoot 99 pictures in burst mode in 15 seconds. and also has other features like HDR, panorama etc.

canvas-4.png

Another new feature is the new way to unlock the phone, ”Just blow a kiss and the phone will unlock”. It also has video pinning feature like Samsung phones, in which you can view video while doing other tasks.

Rest of the specs are similar to the Canvas HD. It has same 1.2GHz quad-core Mediatek processor and 1GB of RAM. The screen also remains 5 inch with HD ( 1280 x 720 pixels ) resolution. It runs Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean OS and supports Over The Air ( OTA ) updates.

Most of the software features copied from other leading brands like Samsung and Rahul Sharma claims them to be the first ones to do it .... First ones my A$$.
How can these CEOs and COO be so dumb.... The launch was a torture to watch and I was wondering if they hired Chitrangadha Singh to play a dumb gal or she was just acting like one.... :D
The stage the AVs the way they put forth/ introduces the features were all so stupid and lame.....
Even college festivals are arranged in a more professional manner.....
One of my friend had webcasted his marriage live which was better in quality than the micromax launch......
Anyways overall a decent phone for that price. Also this launch will bring HTC and Samsung to their senses and help them pricing their products reasonably ....
Chitra was funny..... really... nice.... ohhh I see...... this is a first right.... this is new right.... this is really nice..... and get me a chair... other lame dumb expressions.....

These heroines and stars are paid to look dumb and say what they are told too.
There are many cases where mostly for Samsung, stars (Indian and International) are going ga ga over a samsung device on their twitter / FB feed and the end of that tweet it says "Posted using Twitter for iPhone" or "Posted using Twitter for Blackberry" or something like that.

it was bound to be a dumb launch.

also i dont think there is going to be a mad rush for this phone.

within weeks , the prices of the phone should fall to 12k.

the phone will be a good seller if not a total sellout....
no doubt the prices will start reducing gradually in a months time...

Extremely disappointing movement from Micromax. They destroyed all the credibility they made with Canvas HD 116

Blow to unlock is as dumb as a "feature" can get. No practicality about it.
Who on the earth would want to go kissing their phone just to unlock!

5MP front cam is another joke. Are we supposed to click self-beauty shots with it?
Have they totally forgot that the front cam is used for video calling in actual. Really 2MP is ideal on the 3G speeds we get in India.

The specs are really disappointing after their Canvas 2/HD launches.

I have a very strong suspicion that the 5MP front camera will be equivalent to a 1.3MP normal :lol:

Blow to unlock - kiss to unlock - Lets hope it does not graduate to lick to unlock - of course then the next phone might be 4Play :p

Hi,

Well another day another sh**t, Why do the Indian companies stress so much to fail ??

Have you guys noticed the similarities it shares with many of the Chinese one's that have hit the Indian market now ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMaqcKapn1Q

First there's Umi which sports the exact same specs (they have 2models,32Gb ROM 2RAM,16Gb ROM 1Gb RAM) it was initially priced 14K for 32Gig version which they made it 16K which still is better then this !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEqy5PHPk30

Then there's Zopo 980 again same specs !! Most importantly all of these look same or similar to but for the minor cosmetic change !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLQgbVOj7dY

So folks thinking this will make Samsung,LG and the likes to really worry have to actually worry !! Like many have said the price will fall in the coming days and soon the day will come when people forget this ever existed !!

Put some god damn effort in choosing the right phone,we all know no company designs these phones in India ! Does that mean they can't even chose the right design let alone design one ??

Regards.

Back