Micromax A85 with Tegra 2 (Rumored)

yeah, after unlocking roms like CM can be ported. And if this phone gets a CM9 ICS port, nothing like it!

What was the name of the OEM again? Maybe xda or modaco has something

sa_ill said:
I work with these mobile phone companies closely, and even if say, these rumours are true, still, dont expect a top notch quality. Micromax uses extremely cheap plastic as its phone casing, cheap components, cheap quality PCB.

For example:

There is a PTFE layer strip (polytetrafluoro ethylene) below phone with keypads. PTFE is a high end polymer whose resin costs about Rs. 1500 per kg, then add you moulding and fabrication costs.

Phones like Micromax/Lemon/Spice, all use cheap UHMWPE (ultra high molecular weight Poly ethylene) layer strip instead of PTFE, which is used by Nokia, Samsung and other premium mobile manufacturers. Reliance Polymers sells UHMWPE resin for Rs. 165 per kg.

The difference in price between these polymers is about 1000%. If I go into details about the properties of these polymers, it would provide a clear picture, but I wont, I'll just let the price speak for itself.

Another example of cheap material:

Every phone has a PCB (Printed Circuit Board). Now, these PCBs come in a thousand varieties/qualities, all depending on the way they are fabricated. One of the first steps in fabrication of PCB is: before the circuit is drawn/stuck on the metal, it needs to be etched.

Etching can be done by various methods, from manual etching with sandpaper and sodium to High End Plasma Ethcing. Premium mobile phone manufacturers use Plasma Etching, whose machine alone costs minimum Rs. 2.5 crore.

Cheap Chinese (as in micromax et. al) use manual sodium etching with hands and sandpaper.

The quality and finish difference between these two types of ethcing is literally day and night.

The properties, like conductiveness, tensile, Shore D, temperature resistance, water resistance are influenced heavily by etching methods.

Heres the story about these Indian-branded-Chinese phones:

They use extremely cheap materials and phones cost them so cheap I'll make you laugh if I tell you how much % profit they earn. Its DIRT CHEAP for them, its mainly because of ultra cheap quality materials 'inside' the phone, which the common man ignores.

Thus, no matter what Micromax says about its phone, I know they're junk, whatever the specs, and I advise you all to not buy them, since they arent quality products. Yes, they do solve the purpose in Tier 2 cities and villages, but if you can afford a phone from a premium company, please do.
You are right but then how to keep the price down, don't one has to cut corners ?????

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk .......

Micromax Quality is very bad ,its better to avoid them ,been using crappy A60 ,cant even give me a consistent signal missed many calls this way,and finding their warranty center is like trying to find a needle in a haystack ,most of their warranty centers have shut down.

Everyone for those who think mmx quality is very bad

I know mmx quality is super bad in phones like q series x series even a60 but now that i have a85 and mine friend got a75 i can tell you that these phones are high quality builds by mmx even a70 is better built .

A85 has got great screen quality ,great camera , awesome look main point micromax logo is small and not visible :eek:hyeah:(i can tell anyone it is defy because it performs like defy) sound awesome the headphones i got is far better than apple's ..just the problem is battery backup which again is dependent on rom and i am getting 2.3 soon after bootloader unlocking its gonna be best phone at the price

Zte blade world's most selling phone i love it

and oem is beijing benywave

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

maybe we could you cherry magnum 2x source code or ktouch w700 source seems to be out (not sure) to get cyanagon on our devices

sa_ill might be right. But is A85 manufactured by Micromax? One of my friend has A70 and the phone is just great, except for the bit buggy OS. Wondering whether CM9 can be ported to A85...

applicationz said:
AWESOME LOOK MAIN POINT MICROMAX LOGO IS SMALL AND NOT VISIBLE :eek:hyeah: (I CAN TELL ANYONE IT IS DEFY BECAUSE IT PERFORMS LIKE DEFY)

LOL ! :lol:

applicationz said:
SOUND AWESOME THE HEADPHONES I GOT IS FAR BETTER THAN APPLE'S ..

Any earphones are better than Apple's :p

My friend of mine has it. I wanted to write review but didn't feel like writing after using. OS is little buggy, but stock Android, so can't complain. MMX's UI needs to be improved. Camera not so bad. Build is good actually[which I was not expecting]. But I can't say how the insides are, PCB, manufacturing etc etc. But it does looks like Chinese to me :p

I don't go for specs & all, so I better buy Defy.

The original one manufactured by KTouch ? No idea.. And with the number of handsets i go through ever month , i couldn't be bothered with flashing custom ROMs. Reviews have to be done on the basis of the stock handset.

yeah i too wanna review hehehe and @ dhruv please bhai mmx ko bol dena about unlock bootloader i cannot live with the officail rom

avi said:
LOL ! :lol:
Any earphones are better than Apple's :p

My friend of mine has it. I wanted to write review but didn't feel like writing after using. OS is little buggy, but stock Android, so can't complain. MMX's UI needs to be improved. Camera not so bad. Build is good actually[which I was not expecting]. But I can't say how the insides are, PCB, manufacturing etc etc. But it does looks like Chinese to me :p

I don't go for specs & all, so I better buy Defy.

ya better than apple's means great it is neither of as high quality as dr dre. but better than any other stock earphones
the only point now is i am concerned about the os hope i will get an update soon about the bootaloader
but seriously tell me is it any bad at 13k (at price of wildfire s)
faddu resolution grt hardware just the rom problem battery backup 1 day all android have same backup sound nice camera fine (dual) best screen size i like
could not get any phone at the price with these features

and also all other phones are made in china with same PBS's and the phone is just re branded the phone(best part) and the unbranded phone has greater price than branded one ktouch is around 14 k and cherry magnum 2x around 19000 (converted)

anyupdate regarding bootloader on custom roms?

hey the oem has got its own forum in chinese with android updates available custom roms but i dont think english language will be supported by phone

Google Translate
can anyone create 2.3 from the roms

Google Translate

Back