Mi Pad 6 Launched

OneTapHero

Disciple
  • 11-inch (2880 x 1800) 16:10 display 144hz variable refresh rate, HDR 10, Dolby Vision, 99% DCI-P3 colour gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
  • Snapdragon 870
  • 6GB LPDDR5 with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage / 8GB LPDDR5 with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
  • Android 13 with MIUI 14 for tablets
  • 13MP camera with f/2.2 aperture, PDAF
  • 8MP front camera with 105° FoV and focus frame
  • USB Type-C audio, Dolby Atmos, 4 Speakers, 4 microphones
  • Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2
  • USB 3.2 Gen1 for up to 4K 60fps output
  • 8840mAh (typical)/8640mAh (min) battery with 33W fast charging
20230613_112234.jpg

Seems like there's only a very marginal difference between the two in terms of specs; I think the Mi Pad 5 will need a fairly significant price drop for it to still have relevance with this thing in the market.

Manufacturers no longer releasing mini sized tablets. I love my iPad Mini 6 and if we had similar sized android tablets, it would be great. I know samsung sells one but others don't.
And yes, don't want the very bad config ones like fire tab 7 or 8.

Manufacturers no longer releasing mini sized tablets. I love my iPad Mini 6 and if we had similar sized android tablets, it would be great. I know samsung sells one but others don't.
And yes, don't want the very bad config ones like fire tab 7 or 8.
So much this. I'm still using my Mi Pad 4 because there is literally nothing else with an 8 inch FHD screen, apart from a Lenovo one with worse specs from 2019. The display on my Mi Pad is cracked now, so it looks like I'll be forced to go with a 10 inch model eventually. Honestly, I wouldn't mind the extra screen real estate, but it becomes too big and heavy to use one-handed, which is a huge drawback for me.

I assume the 6 will replace the 5. There isn't an incentive for them to sell both side by side, especially with such similar specs.
You mean they'll discontinue it? Idk, I don't see many companies doing that so quickly - I think it's more likely that they'll leave the price of the 5 as it is for a little while to shunt sales to the 6, and then reduce it a little later. Discontinuation will probably happen in about a year, IMO.

You mean they'll discontinue it? Idk, I don't see many companies doing that so quickly - I think it's more likely that they'll leave the price of the 5 as it is for a little while to shunt sales to the 6, and then reduce it a little later. Discontinuation will probably happen in about a year, IMO.
Discontinue = no more production of that. Whatever stock is left will sell for whatever price it is for perhaps 1-2K less if need be.

Discontinue = no more production of that. Whatever stock is left will sell for whatever price it is for perhaps 1-2K less if need be.
I know - what I'm saying is that generally companies don't discontinue a product so quickly after the next one launches. It might be different for Xiaomi because of how thin their margins are, but I don't know. And I think they'd have to drop the price by more than 1-2k to clear stock of the Pad 5; if I'm already spending around 25k for a tablet, I don't see why I wouldn't get the newest one for such a small difference.

I was waiting quite eagerly for this, but sadly they launched the wrong version, I was expecting the launch of Mi Pad 6 Pro which comes with 8+ gen 1 proc and 50MP rear camera with 20MP front camera.
C4ETech already did a review on this one, and it looked worthy to be bought at around 30K but what they have launched is sub-par compared to the pro version.
The pen's too costly, should have been under 4K

is it worth a buy? like ipad Pro?
for media consumption at 25k?? Yeah
for basic productivity stuff?? maybe
the thing is iPad Pro is a very productivity centred powerful device, while the Mi Pad is marketed more as a Media Consumption Tablet
so it depends on your use case ig

for media consumption at 25k?? Yeah
for basic productivity stuff?? maybe
the thing is iPad Pro is a very productivity centred powerful device, while the Mi Pad is marketed more as a Media Consumption Tablet
so it depends on your use case ig
productivity chahiye :/

productivity chahiye :/
I see, but it depends on your budget too right, I doubt ya would get an iPad Pro under 25k, but older iPad Airs or maybe the iPad 9 yeah, they might be better for general productivity related tasks. Can I ask what exactly do ya plan to do??
If it's just basic emails and document editing Mi Pad 6 can do it too
but when it comes to stuff like Photo Editing in Lightroom or Video editing, you're better off getting an iPad.

I see, but it depends on your budget too right, I doubt ya would get an iPad Pro under 25k, but older iPad Airs or maybe the iPad 9 yeah, they might be better for general productivity related tasks. Can I ask what exactly do ya plan to do??
If it's just basic emails and document editing Mi Pad 6 can do it too
but when it comes to stuff like Photo Editing in Lightroom or Video editing, you're better off getting an iPad.
drawing :angelic:

Ah, you are an Artist, get an iPad 9 or a used Samsung Tablet
(under 30k)
I am not sure how the Mi Pencil is but both the Apple pencil and S pen are good

Back