Maximus-WC.

tehgamer

Disciple
g31_default.jpg

This is my PC. I built the rig way back in '09. Most of the components are over 3 years old, except RAM, SSD and GPU. The mobo would've been also if not for a lightning strike on local phone junction taking out the mobo along with the router supplied by BSNL, back in '10. So I replaced the original Gigabyte X58-UD5 with X58A-UD5. I installed the WC loop last Saturday.
With Ambient temp around 30-33C, Max GPU temp during Heaven benchmark was 46C. My 680 is OC'd to 1200/3500MHz.
My i7-920 (OC'd to 3.8GHz) idles around 44-45C while max temp during a Prime95 blend test was 69C.

Specs:

CPU - Intel i7 920 C0 (3.8GHz).

Motherboard
- Gigabyte X58A-UD5.

RAM
- Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 3x4GB (1600MHz, 8-8-8-24).

Graphics Card
- MSI GTX 680.

Sound Card - Creative X-Fi Titanium HD.

PSU
- Tagan BZ800 (800W).

HDD
- WesternDigital FALS1001 1TB.

SSD
- Plextor M3S 128GB.

DVD-RW
- Sony DRU-870s.

Cabinet
- CoolerMaster HAF932.

WaterCooling parts:

Pump
- Swiftech MCP35X.

Reservoir
- XSPC Dual Bay Acrylic Reservoir.

Radiator
- Alphacool Nexxxos UT60 360mm.

CPU Block
- XSPC Raystorm.

GPU Block
- Heatkiller GPU-X3 680LT.

Tubing
- Feser Active UV Tubing 3/8 x 1/2in.

Fittings
- Monsoon Compression Fittings 3/8 x 1/2in, Bitspower 45 Degree rotary fittings.

Fan
- Enermax Apollish Vegas 120mm.

Click here to view the gallery.

great build
but it seems like your pipe from the cpu to res is kinking. be sure to check that out :)
Yes I have noticed that during making the loop. I tried to make the curve so as to maintain maximum roundness for the tube but it seems just a tad 'flat-ish'. I'm planning to replace that segment with new tube when I drain the system after a week or two. Hopefully, it isn't killing the flow rate much. :)

Nice parts but with all that money spent I think you could have done a much better job of making a clean looking system. That kink won't affect your temps much but the tubing runs will, specially the long one from rad to pump

Nice parts but with all that money spent I think you could have done a much better job of making a clean looking system. That kink won't affect your temps much but the tubing runs will, specially the long one from rad to pump
This is my first ever WC build. So the emphasis was much more on getting the job done without making my computer a sparking mess. Maybe when I build my complete new rig in next couple of months, then it'll be much cleaner.
I did a bit of research before building the loop and none of them mentioned anything about long tubing affecting temps as long as flow rate is good. 2-3 feet long tubings can increase temp but the max length of tubing in the loop is around 35 cm.. just over 1 feet. I had to keep some extra tubing in few lines so I can draw them out of the case after disconnecting and drain the water into bucket. MCP35X has a good flow rate with good pressure head. So I think it's doing fine.
With 30-33C ambient, OC'd 680's max temp was 46C. I think it's pretty good temp.

Keep the comments and suggestions coming, guys!

If you are from india can you please give the link for getting those XSPC water cooling parts? I've been looking for them for like a year now.. can't find anything here in india.

Just out of curiosity, how much maintenance does a water cooling system require? Time and Resources wise.

Finally!! someone in India doing custom water cooling build. I'm interested in building my own setup in the coming months so, could you tell me how much you had to pay for the custom duties and shipping of these parts? A rough estimate would also do...
I know a few sites like Performance pcs and frozen cpu ship internationally but they can't provide an estimate on the import duties.
I would really appreciate your help.

Back