Mass Effect/Mass Effect 2 - Discussion thread

OP: @gannu clear you inbox.................:mad::mad::mad: You are a section mod how will TE members contact you.........:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Gannu said:
Done with Overlord and Lair of the Shadow Broker. Both were really good. :D

Conclusion of Overlord DLC:

Decided to put an end to Project Overlord and rescued Archer's brother. His brother's condition and the tears coming out of his eyes during the final moments literally made me weep! :cry:

Will begin Zaeed - The Price of Revenge and Normandy Crash Site in a moment. :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Bah both of them turned out to be very short. :p

The Normandy Crash Site DLC reminded me of some of the last moments of the fateful ship. :(

And what an ass is Zaeed! :|

^Apologies! :ashamed:

Cleared it now. :)

On topic, completed Kasumi's Stolen Memory and recruited her. Damn she seems really agile. She could have been a valuable asset for the suicide mission.

Now the final DLC remains - Arrival. :D

Do you not get the Collector's Assault rifle in one of the Collector base mission? - the one that turns out to be an ambush. I remember getting the rifle in that mission after Shepard learns in a cut scene that the collectors are Prometheans. Had the option of getting the assault rifle or a shotgun iirc

Sent from my MAtrix using T'talk Pro

Been playing these DLC's for the last few days. Completed the following DLC's (in this order):

1. Normandy Crashsite: Brought back lots of nice memories from ME1 and Normandy.

2. Zaeed: I felt this was the weakest DLC, his loyalty mission was meh.

3. Kasumi: Great DLC, loved the entire covert loyalty mission she had.

4. Overlord: Fantastic DLC, the ending is very neat indeed. Strongly recommended to anyone who has not played this yet. (Btw, the Hammerhead is one tough thing to fly sometimes!)

5. Shadow Broker: Once again,a good well paced DLC, enjoyed it.

6. Arrival: Aaah, I guess a bridge leading into ME 3. Worth playing through though. Ending is pretty well done.

Now the wait for Mass Effect 3 begins... :D

Completed the final DLC - Arrival. Shepard is in major shit now!

And this could possibly be the most important DLC for ME 2 that sets the stage for ME 3. Now I'll have to count my days until March 6th. :(

v.Na5h said:
@gannu

please keep a track of ur arrival dlc gameplay hours

Must have taken less than 3 hours. Probably the lengthiest of all the DLCs for ME 2. :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Freaky said:
Do you not get the Collector's Assault rifle in one of the Collector base mission?

Nope. I think you are referring to the Collector Particle Beam which is a heavy weapon acquired during the course of the mission. OTOH the Collector Assault Rifle can be obtained only through the DLCs. :)

Some questions concerning Mass Effect 2 DLCs:

1.) What are the plot based DLCs that I need to get?

2.) How many hours worth of DLC content should I expect?

3.) If the game is completed, how would I access them?

4.) Rate the best to worst DLC, in terms of enjoyment factor.

5.) Is there any order in which I should play the DLC(s)?

Ethan_Hunt said:
Some questions concerning Mass Effect 2 DLCs:

1.) What are the plot based DLCs that I need to get?
You can ignore Normandy crash site entirely. I would have regretted not playing Lair of the Shadow Broker ( a very major char in the game, action packed mission too. Amazing DLC - content is deep and the end rewards are satisfying. ), Arrival and Overlord. Kasumi is a very nice companion to have, her loyalty mission is small but enjoyable. Zaeed is a char I found no use for, his mission was fun but it was pretty small.
2.) How many hours worth of DLC content should I expect?
Lair of the Shadow Broker is possibly the largest of them all, depending on difficulty it could be more than three hours if you play it right.
3.) If the game is completed, how would I access them?
The companion DLCs are pointless after finishing the game but the others are accessible from the galaxy map. Nothing changes.
4.) Rate the best to worst DLC, in terms of enjoyment factor.
Lair of Shadow Broker
Arrival
Overlord
Kasumi's stolen memories
Zaeed : The price of revenge
5.) Is there any order in which I should play the DLC(s)?
If you start a new playthrough, play the companion's missions first. Lair of the Shadow broker gives you lots of resources that make your game easier but it'll be hard to play it without all the squad powers. I played it on PC and cheated for max level right at start, I feel thats how the second playthrough(insane difficulty) should have been enjoyed.

Completed Arrival, Overlord, Kasumi's stolen memories DLCs. I'm confused about Zaeed's DLC. How are we supposed to get his mission? Are we supposed to talk to him? Why does it feel like I have played his mission in my first play-through?

Completed Arrival, Overlord, Kasumi's stolen memories DLCs. I'm confused about Zaeed's DLC. How are we supposed to get his mission? Are we supposed to talk to him? Why does it feel like I have played his mission in my first play-through?

No you haven't. It was a new character if i am correct.

He is supposed to be a new recruit. You might have attempted the DLC before or if you have got the saves from elsewhere it is possible that the player has completed the DLC.

I had my own saves. Anyway, I just checked the journal entry and it says the quest has been completed, so may be, I must have installed it. The last save done was over 2 years back.
<

Back