Linux Mandriva 2009 Lacks Wvdial

Deathbearer

Adept
Mar 18, 2005
hi ppl,

as the topic says I have installed mandriva 2009 Linux.
Now the problem is that I use Tata wireless Phone to Connect to internet, I used wvdial tool & GnomePPP in Ubuntu for this purpose, But now that I have Installed Mandriva2009 (Gnome) there is no wvdial support in it. I m not getting any .Deb File to install wvdial also. Looks Like I made a Big Mistake by Installing Mandriva Over ubuntu. any Experts Here Have any Suggestion ???

vishalrao

Global Moral Police
Skilled
Nov 10, 2007
Pune, India
Look around for similar options in Mandriva's control panel? Something like "modem" connection/dialling etc?

But I agree, it was a big big big mistake installing Mandriva over Ubuntu :p ehehe

now dark star will "moderate" the heck outta me

Deathbearer

Adept
Mar 18, 2005
tried to install but it gives me the following error. then nothing happens.

plz check the attached file.

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 94

Dark Star

ex-Mod
May 7, 2006
Have you used Mandriva Control Center to configure net ! If not please navigate to Mandriva Control Center from the Big Monitor Icon near Firefox, and under Network and internet create a new connection

As far as packages are concerned you can install anypackage from Mandriva Add/remove :) no need to lurk around for packages :tongue:

Deathbearer

Adept
Mar 18, 2005
Dark Star said:
Have you used Mandriva Control Center to configure net ! If not please navigate to Mandriva Control Center from the Big Monitor Icon near Firefox, and under Network and internet create a new connection

As far as packages are concerned you can install anypackage from Mandriva Add/remove :) no need to lurk around for packages :tongue:

Mandriva Control Center is useless 4 me as only option for me to use is gprs connect in that also it requires sim Pin number which i dont have.

Installing from add/remove is not an option as i need to have internet connection.

vishalrao

Global Moral Police
Skilled
Nov 10, 2007
Pune, India
I hope this doesnt mean you wont run Linux altogether.... you can try others: Ubuntu, Fedora, openSUSE are my top suggestions...

Deathbearer

Adept
Mar 18, 2005
vishalrao said:
I hope this doesnt mean you wont run Linux altogether.... you can try others: Ubuntu, Fedora, openSUSE are my top suggestions...

No Man i m using ubuntu for more than 7-8 months. its only that i was curious about mandriva. but it was a mistake replacing it over ubuntu.