Budget 90k+ Make my HTPC a gaming machine!!!

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Hi All.

So i build up this machine few months back..last december. Now i want to make this gaming ready.

1. What is your budget?
    • Flexible.
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - AMD A6 3500
    • Motherboard - MSI A75MA-G5
    • GPU - None
    • RAM - 4GB DDR3
    • Monitor - Dell 2440L
    • PSU - CM Real Power 75
    • You can check my signature.
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

• All of em
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

• You suggest, would like a sound card equipped for a 5.1
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

• If required
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • 1080p Movies. Max Bitrate. No stuttering
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • None
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Strategy
    • Racing
    • FPS
    All the above in acceptable frame rates with all visual glory and no stuttering
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1080p
    2. Desktop - 1080p
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • Never
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7

Thanks in Advance
m-J

my advice would be the following
1)get some more ram
2)get a better psu
3)get a ssd. 120 or 240, thats your call
4)get a decent gpu.

and that should hold you for a number of years.

You need to sell off that cpu, mobo and power supply.Get the following components:

Intel i5 4670k-16.5k
Asus z87 gryphon-14k
GPU-R9 280X (upcoming AMD Card, basically a 7970 with higher clock speeds)~25k
Add 4gb ddr3 ram to the existing stick~2.5k
Corsair TX 650-5.5k
Cabinet-Corsair 400r-5.5k (If you don't have a decent one)
Samsung 120gb 840 evo ssd-7k

This setup will easily last you quite a while.

No. Wont sell of the existing components. It has to be retained.[DOUBLEPOST=1381243030][/DOUBLEPOST]And wont spend 25k on a GPU. Too much for a ever changing component. I only spend 20k on the current innards of the CPU, idea was. If i have to upgrade will do it on top only.

No. Wont sell of the existing components. It has to be retained.[DOUBLEPOST=1381243030][/DOUBLEPOST]And wont spend 25k on a GPU. Too much for a ever changing component. I only spend 20k on the current innards of the CPU, idea was. If i have to upgrade will do it on top only.

The thread title shows 90k+ as your budget range and that's why I suggested you a very good and well balanced rig according to the budget.

Frankly your cpu is pretty average for multiplayer games if you intend to play them.As far as your requirements,you can go for:

Nvidia gtx 650ti-11k
Samsung 840 120gb ssd-7k
4gb ddr3 ram-2~2.5k

I will never play multi player. just single player. For the upgrade i am flexible. Not to buy a new pc, which u suggested.

And also, I want a AMD/ATi solution.[DOUBLEPOST=1381245014][/DOUBLEPOST]http://www.flipkart.com/msi-nvidia-...HHFZ&ref=acdebee3-2d15-4777-a8b3-577d46d0165d

Or

http://www.flipkart.com/zotac-nvidi...PA7H&ref=42dff8ed-3d59-4b3f-8a8b-2b04c445c19b

Or

http://www.flipkart.com/zotac-nvidi...PBTR&ref=42dff8ed-3d59-4b3f-8a8b-2b04c445c19b

Or anyone else? No AMD solution comparable to this?

Last edited:
1)get the samsung evo 120gb or 240gb model. you will be thrilled. trust me
2)get a total of 8gb ram atleast. i would suggest corsair for best ASS, but any brand should be fine
3)for the psu, i would suggest a seasonic 550w gold series or the cooler master 650w v series. personally prefer the latter
4)it doesnt matter if you have a amd board, gpu wise, i would choose nvidia for various reasons. wait for the 280x launch in india, it will reduce price of the current cards. then you can make a good pick with in your budget :)

Typically, racing and FPS games will do fine with a graphics card upgrade, but strategy games need FX or i5/i7 processors. Check benchmarks with exact game before taking the plunge.

Can you please elaborate on that part? wont GPU also pay a part in stategy... Sims, CIV etc?
In general, strategy games are CPU dependent. See tests from this guy (http://www.techspot.com/review/648-simcity-performance/page5.html). For SimCity, he comes to the same conclusion that I said - get i5/i7, or FX. Mid-end GPU would do.

It is just a thumbrule, of course, and there might exist a strategy game that is GPU limited. Best to check benchmarks for the particular game you want to play. In absence of that, know the thumbrule - strategy games means get good CPU.

Back