Storage Solutions Major trouble....Harddisk Crashed..

IceFusion

Skilled
Ok i dont know what happenned...it was a virus or wht ever...but my harddisk crashed...
I lost all my music,documents,wallpapers and movies :(

Well i was able 2 restore the music,wallpapers and documents using a recovery tool....

But now what is troubling me is my movies that have gone...
The movies were lost when Windows XP changed my movies folder to file assuming it 2 be alost folder :ashamed:

Now tell me is ther any way i can restore my videos back...
I had a big collection of over 60GBs..

I want it back...Help....

If the recovery tool didn't find the files, most likely they are gone. Try using any other recovery tool. Typically recovery tools recover small files because they are stored into fewer pieces located together in a sequence in the phisical disk. On the other hand movies are big files and may have their pieces all over the disk depending on the fragmentation. If you cannot get them using recovery tools, I would say they are gone.

@icefusion: its already difficult to restore compressed data files like movies and all. And to top it all urs got truncated to a file so there is a very low chance of recovery.

i used partition recovery, it has a very small footprint. Try the demo version to see whether it can find the partitions, also take a backup of the current partion. Also we have unerase wizard from them. also was your partition fat32 or ntfs, i guess there are less chances of recovery in ntfs (just a guess).

Back