Storage Solutions M.2 Drive for OS

HackerX

Disciple
Please help me.
Need a M.2 Drive for OS drive.
For watching movies, browsing and playing light weight games etc.
It's for AMD 3000G + A320M Mobo combo system.
Budget max 2.5K
Open for online and offline(Kolkata) store.

Since you've not mentioned what capacity you want, you can only get ~250 GB drives within this budget. Go for WD Blue SN570 250 GB.
If you need higher capacity, then you can go for 2.5" SATA drives, the performance difference is not that high for day to day use. You will find a 500 GB Kingston A400 TLC drive for 2700 on onlyssd.com

500 GB Kingston A400 TLC drive
I thought M.2 Drive faster for OS.
If speed and reliability are same then getting 480GB @2700 better idea any time.
Is Kingston reliable than other bran's SSD ?
Last but not least.
More space always preferred by budget is limited.

most people won't be able to differentiate between a pc running on a sata ssd and one running on nvme, I can't either.

you don't need to worry about reliability with most reputable brands and speed difference between the two is not something that would affect you in your use case.

please look into DRAM-less ssd's before buying cheap ssd as that is usually the reason why they are so cheap. (
).
an easy way to differentiate between the two is to look for the warranty, DRAM less ssd's usually have 3 year warranty while ones with DRAM have 5 year warranty.

DRAM-less :https://www.amazon.in/Kingston-480G...MifQ==&sprefix=kingston+s,aps,258&sr=8-3&th=1

DRAM:https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0786QNS9B...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

M.2 is just the connector. NVMe drives are faster, yes. M.2 also supports SATA SSD, but they're rarer now.

NVMe will boot your computer in 12 seconds, SATA will do it in 14 seconds. You're not very likely to notice the difference.

All other programs load almost instantly from SATA drives as well.

Go for the Kingston drive, while it's not the best of drives, it's still pretty robust. I have a couple of them, using for almost 4 years now without issues. Besides, in the past, for Pen drives, I've received great support from Kingston. So you're in good hands.

As for DRAM, don't worry about it, won't make a difference either. SSDs with DRAM are significantly more expensive than those without one.

most people won't be able to differentiate between a pc running on a sata ssd and one running on nvme, I can't either.

you don't need to worry about reliability with most reputable brands and speed difference between the two is not something that would affect you in your use case.

please look into DRAM-less ssd's before buying cheap ssd as that is usually the reason why they are so cheap. (
).
an easy way to differentiate between the two is to look for the warranty, DRAM less ssd's usually have 3 year warranty while ones with DRAM have 5 year warranty.

DRAM-less :https://www.amazon.in/Kingston-480GB-Q500-SATA3-2-5/dp/B07KCP5NT9/ref=sr_1_3?crid=365O29PY5QXG9&keywords=kingston+ssd&qid=1667131807&qu=eyJxc2MiOiI0LjEwIiwicXNhIjoiMy41NCIsInFzcCI6IjIuNzMifQ==&sprefix=kingston+s,aps,258&sr=8-3&th=1

DRAM:https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0786QNS9B...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=
Thank you.
So what about this model ?

Last edited:
For that budget, you have few options:
Crucial BX500 240gb @ 1774 right now in amazon, for Rs.2850 there is 480gb model.
There is also WD green 240gb and mx500 250gb under 2.5K

You can remove everything after ref while sharing URL, too much tracking info in that URL otherwise.

I just got one of these for my dad's PC. It's a fine choice for budget conscious. If you can extend your budget by 200 though, go for Kingston A400 from onlyssd.com

You can remove everything after ref while sharing URL, too much tracking info in that URL otherwise.

I just got one of these for my dad's PC. It's a fine choice for budget conscious. If you can extend your budget by 200 though, go for Kingston A400 from onlyssd.com
Thank you.
All go for Crucial that's why I didn't think about Kingston.

I am looking for new 1Tb NVME drive for OS (dual boot) and gaming have finalized Kioxia & SN770 Gen4 drive. My PC main components are Ryzen 7 5700G & Asus ROG-Strix B550.
Does SN770 has any real world performance difference against Kioxia (I think this is Gen3 drive) since it has DRAM and also cheaper.

Back