Low Cost Online Pharmacy

I was told by a doctor to avoid generics. He mentioned the salt instead of the brand as its required but told me to buy from a good brand. I buy from 1mg with additional cashback from Hdfc Tata Neu credit card. Jan Ashudhi etc is for people with no alternative. Spending some more for medicines is sensible.

I was told by a doctor to avoid generics. He mentioned the salt instead of the brand as its required but told me to buy from a good brand. I buy from 1mg with additional cashback from Hdfc Tata Neu credit card. Jan Ashudhi etc is for people with no alternative. Spending some more for medicines is sensible.
I was using Otrivin Nasal Spray/Drop till it last cost was Rs.65/- (and now it's cost is Rs.107/-) for 10ml Bottle.

Than one day accidently found similar chemical/salt but strange name simple bottle at Jan Aushadhi, out of curiosity asked about and bought it for Rs.8/- (Eight Rupees Only) and it works as it should be.

Now it cost Rs.20/- (Nosylin with Box pack) and Brand Otrivin at Rs.107/-, For me Rs.20/- drops working same as Rs.107/-

I was using Otrivin Nasal Spray/Drop till it last cost was Rs.65/- (and now it's cost is Rs.107/-) for 10ml Bottle.

Than one day accidently found similar chemical/salt but strange name simple bottle at Jan Aushadhi, out of curiosity asked about and bought it for Rs.8/- (Eight Rupees Only) and it works as it should be.

Now it cost Rs.20/- (Nosylin with Box pack) and Brand Otrivin at Rs.107/-, For me Rs.20/- drops working same as Rs.107/-
I don't think the reason anyone asks to avoid generic medicines is that they won't work. The risk is of contamination - often Indian medicines tested abroad, whether in advanced countries or even shitholes like Nepal, don't come clean. Heavy metals, and other unsavoury stuff were found. It is conceivable that in India we get the same contaminants but testers are bribed to shut up.

So regulations can't be trusted to save us. So only brands can be trusted, if anything. I'm not sure if any brands are to be trusted. Pfizer itself has a huge plant in Vizag, where they might not be following all the safety protocols they follow in advanced countries. But in absence of strong regulatory oversight, we can't blame people developing blind trust in certain brands.

Any insight as to actual trustworthiness of a brand will be very helpful.

There are few physicians who told patient, if you go with generic you need to use same medicine for longer period.

Isn't it same that they write SALT name and ask to buy from GOOD BRAND, nearly same like giving brand name prescription.

Recently I visited Doctor with a friend, Doctor wrote medications NAME that available with Mankind Pharma only, but my friend found CIPLA with same Salt and buy Cipla and went back to Doctor for verification and Doctor just looking at pack told you bought from Generic, you may need to take long course. so for him CIPLA is Generic.

There are few physicians who told patient, if you go with generic you need to use same medicine for longer period.

Isn't it same that they write SALT name and ask to buy from GOOD BRAND, nearly same like giving brand name prescription.

Recently I visited Doctor with a friend, Doctor wrote medications NAME that available with Mankind Pharma only, but my friend found CIPLA with same Salt and buy Cipla and went back to Doctor for verification and Doctor just looking at pack told you bought from Generic, you may need to take long course. so for him CIPLA is Generic.
Ok, so doctors are also full of bullshit :)

I ordered the alternatives from this website, and I ordered TWO of each for a total of 188 :eek:
I have always avoided generic or non-recommended alternatives assuming that their efficacy to be suboptimal. Am I wrong in my assumption? Do all medications with similar compositions have equal effect on a host body irrespective of the manufacturer and manufacturing processes?

Want a clear and well researched answer on this. Thank you.
Ok, so doctors are also full of bullshit :)
Let's not generalize an entire community or profession. The kind of doctor you mentioned do save lives regardless of their misguided intentions. Let's remain respectful to all docs. It's not an easy profession by any means.

Let's not generalize an entire community or profession. The kind of doctor you mentioned do save lives regardless of their misguided intentions. Let's remain respectful to all docs. It's not an easy profession by any means.
Yes, we need to respect every Doctor, as in EMERGENCY no one but only Good Doctor Can save us and thus stand next to GOD

I have always avoided generic or non-recommended alternatives assuming that their efficacy to be suboptimal. Am I wrong in my assumption? Do all medications with similar compositions have equal effect on a host body irrespective of the manufacturer and manufacturing processes?

Well, I know exactly how my branded meds work in bringing down numbers and by how much.

Will check if the non-branded ones have the same effect once I get them.
I believe he was being sarcastic.

Glad to have come across this thread. I came across zeelab when I was searching for Minoxidil serum and found it for 250rs at zeelab which is like 1/4th the cost of Mintop. I was hesitant to buy as the price looked too good to be true and zeelab has no presence in TN. Good to know its a known site.

On the other topic of buying meds based on salts rather than names, my cousin who is a doctor advised me to always get prescriptions as salts/compounds rather than brand names. My dad used to take Enace D for hypertension/bp since late 90s or maybe early 2000s. A strip of 30 pills costs 370rs now. After my cousin advised to switch to compound based buying than brand names, I convinced him to switch to an alternative envas which costs 162 for 30pills from medplus/apollo. Its been couple of years since he switched. The alternative for enace D at Jan Aushadhi is 60rs for 30pills.

Not an easy profession but Money printing profession

Not an easy profession but Money printing profession
Time for a reality check. 'Profession' is not the problem. 'Ideas' are the not the problem. 'Existence' is not the problem. If there is any problem on this planet then it's only us humans. We misuse all the resources we have access to. We continue to misuse all the ideas that were created with noble desires. Take 'religion', 'nationalism', 'politics', 'jobs', 'education', 'organizations', 'technology', 'travel', 'entertainment', 'feminism', 'relationships', 'sex' or anything else that you want. We've spared nothing.

It's up to each individual to develop critical thinking which most of us never bother with. Our ability to reason and logic makes us humans. Having a human brain doesn't magically make anybody a reasonable human being. If a doctor 'prints money' by misusing his profession, he was going to do so regardless of his field of work. If that doctor was to be a mechanic, he'd fool and exploit his clueless consumers.

Kindly refrain from such generalizations.

Last edited:
So I decided to give Zeelab a try for two of my medicines, including hypertension.

Both (branded) strips normally cost me a total of INR 420 after buying one of each.

I ordered the alternatives from this website, and I ordered TWO of each for a total of 188 :eek:

Waiting for the meds to get delivered.
Hi, did you receive order & start using? if yes, what is your/patient review comparing with earlier COSTLY brand medicine?

You can try SayaCare app. They source their medicines from Jan Aushadi kendras. Best place for low cost medicines. I have been ordering medicines every month from their platform for almost a year now
I liked SayaCare approach. They are testing every batch from a 3rd party lab. This at least confirm the salt and it's quantity, if not the manufacturing conditions and impurities. It's highly recommended to order from SayaCare if any body wishes to use generic medicines.

UPDATE:

The medicines I ordered seem to be working. Took a shot and ordered my entire month's supply and will see how it goes. Paid a total of INR 659 vs INR 4500, which is what I normally pay.
If possible keep posting your experience with every new medicine you order from Zeelab Pharmacy and help everyone to get medicine at affordable price.

I also placed order for some OTC type painkiller, generally I avoid painkillers for pain, but only use if unable to bare pain, so once I use that tab, will update here about it's strength & effect.

Jan Aushdhi kendra already selling at lowest possible rate (as per advertised by them), than, how SayCare manage to buy from them and sell at low price?

recently I visit my relative place and sudden need arise for Acidity Tablet, when I reach near by Jan Aushadhi and found that the Capsule which I use to buy for Rs.25/- from Jan aushadhi shop in Mumbai city, for same medicine other city shop asking Rs.50/- just double... I shocked but was in urgent need so purchased from there.. than after some day again visit same relative and again found no stock for same acidity medicine and this time again visit same shop and the time NEW person (other than that who charge me Rs.50/- last time) at counter and this time he charged Rs.40/- only for same medicine/from same brand and of same capacity (Product MRP printed was Rs.140/-)

Really don't understand why the other city Jan Aushadhi shop exactly charging DOUBLE than what Mumbai city Jan Aushadhi Store charges... and there is just 33 Kilometer distance in Both city by Road and 20 minutes distance by Local Railway.
JAC (the branches run by individuals) are also stocking other brand generics, so maybe you got one of those. I specifically ask for 'sarkari wali' to get JA ones.

Back