Looking for an real upgrade HTC desire HD or iPhone 4

Looking for an real upgrade HTC desire HD or iPhone 4

Sold my iPhone 3GS today and planning to get a decent phone :)

So guys please take me through the right path :)
Thanks in advance

To be honest, i dont even care. The pics it takes are cool enough, i dont need a flash. If all i wanted my phone was something that would take great pictures, I would look for a great camera rather than a great phone.

Apart from that, out of the box, only phone with mkv support and support for file types that other phones dont play, a great internal 16gig memory and ability to do much more cause of the processor, I say if not the best phones out there, its one of the best and SAMOLED covers every thing it lacks for.

It makes you want to unlock the phone every other minute and look at it :p

ultimabasher said:
Ahh metal, you told me that 3 months back when I took my phone -.-. Forget about the rumours, move on with SGS purchase, not many phone at that pricepoint with SAMOLED
The phone did come out it was called Nexus S now this one is named as i9023.Mobile World Congress in exactly one month away.

Other than the plasticky feel i have no grudges against Samsung.

nehaladsul said:
Desire HD for warranty and price...

iPhone 4 is expensive and without warranty...

:p
True that but i havent seen an iphone user claiming warranty.

HTC Desire HD is terrible when it comes to battery life. I'd strongly recommend against it.

Instead, if you have the money, I'd suggest wait and get LG Optimus 2x, Motorola Atrix or a similar Tegra 2 phone. iPhone 4 is also an option but only if you're willing to spend an obscene amount of money :)

Yeah iPhone build is really awesome , still some are using iPhone 2g without any problems ,
The super amoled sgs screen costs 12k , my budget is kinda 25 to 27k .

Ultimatebasher is right , it's better to buy digital camera for pics and the average one is available at less than 5k ,

It's meaning less to pay 25k for just 5mp camera , while the fujifilm 12mp HD camera is available at just 3.8k

What about the screen performance of desire hd when compared with iPhone 4 ,
Htc cellphones gets outdated within 3 or 4 months , but iPhone 3GS is not yet outdated that much ?

Let the iPhone 5 come out and then 3GS will also be obsolete. Its barely 6 months away BTW. So keep that in mind.

As for Desire HD, its the best HTC Android handset out there barring the battery issues. Then again, don't we have to charge almost every high-end smartphone at least once a day? If you keep waiting for Tegra2 based handsets then you can buy a phone in late 2011. Every manufacturer intends to market their dual-core handsets later in the year. Maybe Motorola Atrix will be launched before any other phone, but until it gets launched for real, its all speculation.

Therefore, the bottomline is, do you want a phone right now, or do you want to wait?

But from the point of view apple releases single cellphone once in a year and the older models are still getting apps etc ,

But android realeases update once in 5 to 6 months ,

According to everyone the desire hd is the best bet out there .

What about the audio quality when compared to iPhone ,

It seems that HDH has got some Dolby and srs wow effects ?

Your argument is a bit ridiculous IMO. That's like saying Apple releases its laptops once a year and other hardware manufacturers who release it every few months are making their products obsolete for doing so.

Regarding the updates coming out every 5 to 6 months - how exactly does it make your phone obsolete? I think you should reserve your judgments if you don't know how the Android ecosystem works. Did the iPhone 2 get the iOS 4.0 upgrade? Did the iPhone 3G get ALL the features from the iOS 4.0 upgrade? Then how do you claim Android's releases make phones obsolete?

Most of the apps that are out there in the Android Marketplace support OSes as low as 1.6, and most of the Google Apps from version 2.2 have been rolled out to lower plaforms as well. 90% of the Android devices are running on Android 2.x does that really make them obsolete?

Agreed that updates depend on your phone manufacturer. So yes, if you go with a manufacturer like HTC, your upgrades will be a bit delayed because they have to customize it, as opposed to getting a Nexus One or a Nexus S which will get the latest updates first. But if you're the kind who needs their phone upto date, root it. It's a painless procedure and you can get ROMs with the latest OS available.

If you're too scared and prefer to keep it simple stick to the iPhone so that you feel safe and secure knowing that at least for a year your phone won't be desupported.

iPhone audio quality is just about OK, unless you are planning to use an amp via LOD. HTC audio quality is comparable.

laemo said:
iPhone audio quality is just about OK, unless you are planning to use an amp via LOD. HTC audio quality is comparable.

Absolutely wrong!HTC`s audio quality is pathetic to say the least.I have a hd2 and it sounds horrible compared to iphone 3gs.Agreed,iphone`s audio quality is not comparable with cowons or sflos,but it is one of the best when it comes to mobile phones (yes,much better than sgs).

Lol :p agree not many claim warranty but then Iphone have antenna isues which were then returned with new handsets. also with Iphone 5 due in next 3 m months atleast ( thats wat they say in UK)
Metalspree said:
The phone did come out it was called Nexus S now this one is named as i9023.Mobile World Congress in exactly one month away.

Other than the plasticky feel i have no grudges against Samsung.
True that but i havent seen an iphone user claiming warranty.

red dragon said:
Absolutely wrong!HTC`s audio quality is pathetic to say the least.I have a hd2 and it sounds horrible compared to iphone 3gs.Agreed,iphone`s audio quality is not comparable with cowons or sflos,but it is one of the best when it comes to mobile phones (yes,much better than sgs).

I agree with this.

Back