PC Peripherals Looking for a set of Speakers ( 2.1 ) for my DVD player

TheBroker

Skilled
Hi guys,
I am looking for a set of speakers for my DVD player. I am wanting a 2.1 and not a 5.1 coz the area left in my room after installation of all the furniture is not very large.
My range is Rs 1500 but can extend to to 2,500 Rs.( 700 are from my own pocket) and NOTHING MORE THAN 2500. I am looking for something that is good on build quality and future proof since once bought at my home, I shall not be changing it for a good amount of time.
The pins on the DVD player are the one that are present in current day TVs. All help appreciated.
Thanks.

atp 3 is _THE_ definitive answer.
dont worry about speakers dude ... they are future proof... unless you listen to more expensive ones like the MX 5021 :p

greenhorn said:
hooked it up? or need help getting the cables to connect it to the player?

I have hooked it up to the comp. However, I need the SVCD to regular pin for hooking it to the DVD player. ANy suggestions where i can get that from

barbar said:
Congrats.. How much did u get it for??

Rs 2,700 . Even i thought it was expensive and should have checked out other stores but there were other considerations too. I checked out only 2 shops and took it from the 2nd. There are other things to be taken into account!!

TheBroker said:
However, I need the SVCD to regular pin for hooking it to the DVD player. ANy suggestions where i can get that from

why do you need a video adapter to connect the speakers:huh:

if you want to connect the speakers to the dvd player, you need an rca to 3.5 mm adapter, a cable with these

d34cdb2f122c44e0a70b0ab0b4ac7c56.jpg

at one end , and

P035SCK07.jpg

this at the other end... try asking at hte shops that sell electronic components. and rather than asking them for rca to stereo minjack adapter, just tell them your need ( ie connect dvd player to comp speakers) and they will give you the adapter. it might not even need a cable :D

Thx a tonne. Yes, I was mistaken and it's called the RCA. Need the RCA to the minijack.

PS: Want to rep you but have to spread before doing that.

Back