Audio Looking for a in-ear phone within 5k

You've a good budget, if I were you I'd look for a good brand!
Anyway, just don't read too much, I had the same budget and too much Head-fi reading inspired me to buy a Shure SE215, of some Rs.5.5k and so far this is the worst IEM I've ever owned!
That Klipsch is a good one. Look into some JVC's too.

You can't generalise brands like that as being good or bad. Some of their products suck and others are good.

Moreover, the pair you get best suit the genre of the music you listen to. Else you will not be satisfied. And if one listens to a lot of genres, best stick to all rounders

Ya I wanna know that too.
I'm looking for something Bassy. I would not mind S4 again, but don't want to buy the same thing again :p
I loved S4.
M3 was good too, but it's bass wasn't as much as S4. But I liked the overall balance and vocals being in more front .
But given these two, I would pick S4 again :).
How is gr06 ? Will it have enough bass? Is it even an upgrade from S4.

if you need moaarrr bass than S4 go with monster turbines or if you need quality bass go with Radius DDM / DDM2, i have used both turbines and DDM and i love DDM more

My journey with bass rich IEMs have been like this

Creative EP830 > Meeelec M6> Sennheiser CX800> Brainwavz M2 > Klipsch S4i> Monster turbines > Radius DDM > UE TF10 and finally lost the zest for bass cos of promotion at work and lesser listening hours had to come back to brainwavz M4 coupled with my note2, had to sell all my sources (Ipod touch 4g + Sansa fuze + cowon d2) and all IEMs above

It again depends on one's taste and genre i used to like DDM / TF10/ Turbines more on classic rock , hard rock , 80s , vocal trance , AOR , glam metal and some heavy metal

now that life seems more sane to me, maybe ive managed to find a balance between personal and professional life , ive decided to continue my journey with IEMs Planning to go the IE8 way , gonna order em soon via Amazon as i dont find new ones available anywhere else, IE80 to me seem very overpriced

if you need moaarrr bass than S4 go with monster turbines or if you need quality bass go with Radium DDM / DDM2, i have used both turbines and DDM and i love DDM more

out of budget :(
Unless you're willing me to lend me some cash which I might never return :p[DOUBLEPOST=1371018384][/DOUBLEPOST]
Get CKM500 . It is miles ahead of M2, m3, gr02 or s4. For review go through http://www.head-fi.org/t/607006/the-ath-ckm500-the-best-ckm-earphone-yet . Even joker (member of head-fi) has given them higher rating than all of these. Go through the thread link to check all the comparisons made.

Should I buy them off ebay or there's a better place :)

out of budget :(
Unless you're willing me to lend me some cash which I might never return :p

used DDMs can be had at around 5kish,that is what i had bought and sold for

you mean throw the bucks in the well and pretend i never had em eh ?

Bought the same for 4.3k from ebay . It better be good :)

Please share the link where you ordered from at that price so that i could gift it to my brother on his birthday, most i see there are upwards of 4.6k

used DDMs can be had at around 5kish,that is what i had bought and sold for

you mean throw the bucks in the well and pretend i never had em eh ?

Please share the link where you ordered from at that price so that i could gift it to my brother on his birthday, most i see there are upwards of 4.6k

Yes :joyful: Just a jest :)

I ordered from ebay only, used a 7.5% off coupon ..that's all. :)

MH1C might be a good IEM but reading Head-Fi and making your purchase depending on that is totally ridiculous.
The fact is no one knows your SQ taste, no one, but you.

you should go through it just to know the sound signature and then make your purchase accordingly.. without reading it, you will never know whether a particular IEM will suit you or not..

got my gr-06 from LMUE today :) I don't think any import was charged, it was marked as a gift as well and received it just as @esanthosh predicted it would be today. :joyful::p

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the CKM500 few days back. Pretty good and tight .
I don't even use equalizer now.

But I found S4's fitting to be better. This feels like it'll fall out anytime , although it's fit tightly.

Back