Audio Looking for a in-ear phone within 5k

selinakyle88

Biggest batman fangirl alive !!!
Disciple
My sennheiser cx-180 is not working properly. Sound comes only from one side , loose connection i think.:mad: Not under warranty anymore.

Please suggest me something good under.
One of my geek friend suggested to go for this model:
VSONIC GR06.

But I don't know where to get them.
Someone else suggested my Klipsch S4, which is easily available.

What should I do? I want the best earphones. is it advisable to import the vsonic one.or s4 is good enough?:

What music do you primarily listen too? Do you like bass, treble, or mids or prefer a balanced monitor type earphone?
@Brendon, @esanthosh, @cranky. These guys are well versed with audio here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I listen to songs that are famous . Top 100 charts on Jango radio mostly.
Listen to rock songs sometimes like Breaking bengamin and Metallica and all that.
Anything with good bass and everything else would be good.
I loved the sound of S4, but I already had it before the current one so looking for a different one.

Get the brainwavz m3 . I might sound like a broken record when someone makes a under 5 k thread in the audio section but these iem's are the best a 5 k budget can buy.

S4 imho are a bit overpriced for the sound they emit if you compare it to the m2.

Get the brainwavz m3 . I might sound like a broken record when someone makes a under 5 k thread in the audio section but these iem's are the best a 5 k budget can buy.

S4 imho are a bit overpriced for the sound they emit if you compare it to the m2.

:cool: My colleague who sits next to me has the same one you mentioned, Brainwavez M3.
I liked it's build quality of wire :cigar: but I feel S4 has a more pleasant sound. This seems to raw , i dunno .
Thanks for the suggestion.
My heart is on S4 , but I had used it for a long time so kinda bored :grumpy:
looking for something different and awesome :headphone:

Lots if questions.
How long has he used it?
What is he driving them on?

Because to be honest, i have the s4 now with me and listening to it as we speak and to be honest it isn't a patch on the m3.

Since you like the s4, i believe you must be liking the bassy, funnish signature that they emit. They dont need much to drive them as well. If you do like that kinda sound, look for the m2. Cheaper, sturdier and better than the s4. The build quality of the s4 is also pretty cheap.

What music do you primarily listen too? Do you like bass, treble, or mids or prefer a balanced monitor type earphone?
@Brendon, @esanthosh, @cranky. These guys are well versed with audio here.

I had a bought set of IEMs once, probably a Sennheiser and probably the exact same one as the one mentioned by TS. I kid you not, I gave them away to a colleague after an hour of listening. It felt like I had a finger or two in my ear (not mine, at that) all the time. I can't even wear regular headphones, because of extreme physical discomfort. I do have a pair of Senns lying around, but those are for dire times only. I had briefly considered the M-50 but abandoned the idea as it seemed to be an experiment that would lead nowhere. OTOH given the prices of those today, I may have been able to turn a profit now.

I alternate my listening between three reasonably expensive stereo systems, a couple of decent-sounding DIY nutjobs and two multichannel systems that are used for when I like to be indelicate. A monitoring setup is in the offing for a small project studio, but that's some way away.

As for tonal balance, I like a presentation that is revealing without being shouty, and articulate, non-muddy bass even if it sacrifices impact. I basically listen to every genre of western music there is except trash metal and rap, and most of my music collection is CD quality or higher. All my systems are tuned to be able to show off that collection.

No cans, never, sorry. Won't be able to contribute to the OP very much. The first two tagged though are known headphiles as is @FaH33m, they'll be far more helpful. Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
check out the Bosch earphones in their store. they should have one for around 5K. i bought a pair long time back, when they had only one earphone launched in the market. it should be available in india as well. i found it to be quite comfortable and it has a deep base. take your music along with you to the store for a comparison. bangalore malls should have it too.

i used another one comparable to Bosch's quality - VModa. it was a designer piece, so it was good (looking). it had very good external noise isolation. i found it to be fragile for daily use.

pay attention to the "sound leakage" part (i don't know the exact term)... it's very important when you use the earphones in office. it's very annoying when the person sitting next to you can hear your music. i bought VModa esp for this purpose. :)

but the problem doesn't stop here... if you use the "noise isolation" earphones then you can't hear your colleagues or worse, your boss calling out for you! :p and then i bought some Sony model - "non noise isolating" one but with no "sound leakage"

You've a good budget, if I were you I'd look for a good brand!
Anyway, just don't read too much, I had the same budget and too much Head-fi reading inspired me to buy a Shure SE215, of some Rs.5.5k and so far this is the worst IEM I've ever owned!
That Klipsch is a good one. Look into some JVC's too.

Back