Looking for a chimney for a Indian kitchen ~ 8-10k

vercetti

Skilled
Some amount of oily and fried food gets cooked. Family of 3 most of the year.
  • Around 60 Cms size.
  • prefer an auto clean model given it requires less maintanence (want to avpid filterless as I guess filterless may require more servicing & maintenence)

I see a few brands and most of them look tempting.

Elica ~9500 with Autoclean but Filterless
Elica - 12,500 but has a motion & other touch sensor which I want to avoid)
Crompton - 9490 Simple design

Would appreciate a prompt help as I am in India for a week and need to get this installed for my parents
Thanks

Around 60 Cms size.
Don't go for 60 CM, go for 90 CM even if you have 2 burner gas stove, the suction power is more in 90CM, which ultimately will help you in the long run, will make your rest of the kitchen easy to clean.

prefer an auto clean model given it requires less maintanence (want to avpid filterless as I guess filterless may require more servicing & maintenence)
If you want less maintenance which is also cheaper on the pocket go for the simple mesh based filter chimney as oppose to the other options which are carbon based & baffle based.

The mesh filter is very easy to remove, normally needs to be cleaned every 15 days, the best part is you can do it yourself. The maintenance cost becomes completely free. You will be able to spot when it needs cleaning, if you can't see through the mesh, it's time to clean.

Carbon based filter - you have to replace the carbon filter every time when it gets dirty.

Baffle filter - this can be cleaned by the user but the disassembly is going to be very hard and time consuming.

Be prepare for spending at least 30-40k for a good chimney, I feel anything less than this is not worth it. A big factor is the noise levels, most of the low price chimney's claiming to be silent chimney's are not so silent. When buying look at the noise decibel levels.

I recommend brands which are in the same league as bosch.

Don't go for 60 CM, go for 90 CM even if you have 2 burner gas stove, the suction power is more in 90CM, which ultimately will help you in the long run, will make your rest of the kitchen easy to clean.
I only have 70 cms opening so I am stuck with 60 cms (have window paneling on one side and wall to wall cabinets on the other side)

So Mesh filter it is. any brands you suggest?

Thanks for the tips - I was leaning towards mesh filter myself given the ease of cleaning and zero maintennce costs

I only have 70 cms opening so I am stuck with 60 cms (have window paneling on one side and wall to wall cabinets on the other side)

So Mesh filter it is. any brands you suggest?

Thanks for the tips - I was leaning towards mesh filter myself given the ease of cleaning and zero maintennce costs
Avoid mesh filters and prefer models with baffle filters. They are easier to maintain and come out squeaky clean in a dishwasher run.

I would suggest Crompton, as they offer free installation + free duct, which saves you 2 to 2.5k over competition.

Back