Looking for a 2.1 around 5K INR

the_beginner

Disciple
It would be really helpful If you guys suggest me a good speaker around 5K INR as my existing 12 years old Zebronics 5.1 HT died recently.

Usage - Will be only listening to songs (Mostly desi songs).
Brand - Any reliable brand.

Thanks in advance mates.

Swans M10 got good reviews, but doesn't have bass & treble control knobs right? @ibose @john1911
No idea as I have never owned one but according to this review only bass and vol controls are available -
I only heard it at a friends place and found that the vocals were pretty good but lows were lacking. I only suggested based on OPs preferences.
I know quite a few members have owned this so they can pitch in.

I ll be honest, none of these are gonna give you fuller audio, most will be hugely lacking in proper lows no matter what...

I would suggest a good mivi soundbar though.. The S100 or the higher.. But problem is they are not desktop for obvious reasons..
But they can give decent audio though the top model does have great bass..

I would suggest @blr_p to chip in with his suggestions, he has a good ear and knowledge when it comes to decent setups for listening experience.

I would suggest a good mivi soundbar though.. The S100 or the higher.. But problem is they are not desktop for obvious reasons..

I too was looking for a similar one for PC. But what does it mean by "they're not for desktop"?

I ll be honest, none of these are gonna give you fuller audio, most will be hugely lacking in proper lows no matter what...

But they can give decent audio though the top model does have great bass..
If the OP is looking for vocals, the suggested options are pretty good. The lows may be lacking but it will be controlled and not the boom boom muddy bass which drowns the vocals. If the OP needs more quality bass better to invest in a dedicated sub.
Soundbars have come a long way but can never replicate a dedicated speaker setup. I own both so I know.

Thanks a lot for your responses... My question is will a 5.1 that costs around 4K or 5K can outperform 2.1's and bookshelf speakers that has low wattage value? (Asking this as the above mentioned Swann costs 6K and it is 15W while this costs nearly half the money and has 65W)

Thanks a lot for your responses... My question is will a 5.1 that costs around 4K or 5K can outperform 2.1's and bookshelf speakers that has low wattage value? (Asking this as the above mentioned Swann costs 6K and it is 15W while this costs nearly half the money and has 65W)
Bookshelfs are premiums and produce pro sound and anyday beat the normal plasticy setups. Judging on wattage is a huge no no, judge on rms output and sheer quality.

the audio quality differs a lot
that zeb system is too out dated!

Freq range on this goes down to 50Hz

This one won't go below 70Hz
Do check if you get these cheaper elsewhere
This one gets as low as 42Hz

Lots of options to tweak. Looks like the best of the bunch.

How it sounds and how long it lasts is another question. Specs only go so far assuming they're honest.

Need reviews with sound demos
I would suggest @blr_p to chip in with his suggestions, he has a good ear and knowledge when it comes to decent setups for listening experience.
Heh, was thinking of you yesterday to get a frequency plot of your soundbar. I have some ideas on that :)
My question is will a 5.1 that costs around 4K or 5K can outperform 2.1's and bookshelf speakers that has low wattage value? (Asking this as the above mentioned Swann costs 6K and it is 15W while this costs nearly half the money and has 65W)
5.1 needs 5.1 sources. Do you have any sources like that?

It seems you are interested mostly in audio which a 2.1 will suffice. Not movies.

Last edited:
What about these Obage ones a lot are talking about? worth it?
5.1 needs 5.1 sources. Do you have any sources like that?

It seems you are interested mostly in audio which a 2.1 will suffice. Not movies.
I only stream songs from YT/Spotify.

Yes, I will be 99% only listening to songs.

I have a Boat soundbar connected to my hall TV. Planning to steal it If it fits the table in my room as no one uses it except me ofc.

Last edited:
What about these Obage ones a lot are talking about? worth it?
Heard a lot about Obage, based on the reviews, they offer best value for money currently. Not too good and not bad, just enough.
HFV forums have some first-hand reviews, many recommend Obage HT-144 and it is also around your budget (optical input makes a night and day difference in sound quality if the source has it).

Heard a lot about Obage, based on the reviews, they offer best value for money currently. Not too good and not bad, just enough.
HFV forums have some first-hand reviews, many recommend Obage HT-144 and it is also around your budget (optical input makes a night and day difference in sound quality if the source has it).
Even if the speaker has Optical IN, I won't be able to connect it to my phone/laptop right?

Even if the speaker has Optical IN, I won't be able to connect it to my phone/laptop right?
that's right, a mobo with optical out or a TV with optical out will utilize it best, or some external device which will get HD audio from your supported phone/laptop and then supply the same to speakers though 3.5 or optical.
But that will add to your budget.

Back