Looking for > 1MBPS Unlimited Broadband Internet Service Provider in THANE

voidzero

Disciple
Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a > 1MBPS Unlimited Broadband Internet Service Provider in THANE. I reside at Chandanwadi, Thane to be precise and had been using a Tata Indicom Broadband / Tikona connection recently. The Tata Indicom connection was an "upto 4 MBPS/night unlimited" plan and was awesome while it lasted but it's been down for the past month and a half due to local cable operator issues and it's been a nightmare dealing with their customer service to even get some basic information about what the issue is and if it will ever be resolved. So basically I have no hope of this connection getting back up and hence i'm looking for a new ISP for my downloading needs since the lesser said about the service of TIKONA the better!

I have been speaking to Channel Partners of 5Network but they don't have service in my area yet.

Any suggestions? Especially people residing in Thane in/around Chandanwadi?

Cheers!
Abhishek

Try calling Enwhizion at 2542 2710 or 9920404098. They are located in Vishnu Nagar. Whether they can provide service in your area which is quite far from where they are located remains to be seen.

voidzero said:
thanks paraman. I called em' but no the service is not available in my area.
i also stay in thane-vrindavan i was also using tata 4mpbs but the operators issue is a serious problem gopi is not allowing to use tata to any not even the ngenuine user he has removed the wire its upto him now

ankit123 said:
i also stay in thane-vrindavan i was also using tata 4mpbs but the operators issue is a serious problem gopi is not allowing to use tata to any not even the ngenuine user he has removed the wire its upto him now

hey ankit123, I was hoping to connect with someone who is also affected by this issue with the TATA connection. What I don't understand is how can a network related issue be so complicated that their engineers haven't been able to resolve it in 45 days! Their handling of the situation is simply pathetic and moreover the concerned people just won't pickup my calls and it they do I don't get a straight answer. In any case I spoke to the Nodal Officer yesterday and she told me they are working towards getting the customers a refund and the connection is not coming back online.

Same issue of tata in santacruz. Friend got so frustrated with his 6 months 512kbps plan, that everyday exactly at 10am-1pm his net would simply refuse to connect. :S & this was only faced by him in his building.

The engineers came at his place, changed everything from his room cabling to even fibre optic of his building. But to no vail all went in hell. They even offered him free lan cards to test but the connection was simply refused. Then they said you need to change your (i5)pc .:mad:He heard enough, was really pissed off by their baseless reasonings and their shit crap service. After being cool as ice he started speaking with them in all gaali galoch slang and even dint asked for any refunds by saying its a tip from me to you s****** use it to serve people better.

Then luckily his area got another isp hosted & he was their 3rd customer and ever since he is satisfied on the same pc, same lan card and same cable.;)

And yes our local cablewallas suck big time and charge extra FOR THE services they provide to us. Believer me, it took me 7 long yrs to make him optimize his services.:)

@Op: If no other isp is hosting in your zone, then best is to shift to wifi--photon/docomo/reliance etc. or use via your cell-pc with some cheap n descent 3g plans. They too have gone pretty cheap now-a-days.

I am from same area..just ahead of chandiwala complex ;) I am using MTNL.The reason being that its simply the best solution available right now.No other ISP in my area has better plans than MTNL :(

w1nD said:
I am from same area..just ahead of chandiwala complex ;) I am using MTNL.The reason being that its simply the best solution available right now.No other ISP in my area has better plans than MTNL :(

Thanks for the heads up w1nD, i've been contemplating getting MTNL too. Just been to lazy to haul my ass all the way to the MTNL Exchange to get the formalities done. :) Might just have to do that now... I have also spoken to YOU Broadband, waiting for their sales team to get in touch.

voidzero said:
Thanks for the heads up w1nD, i've been contemplating getting MTNL too. Just been to lazy to haul my ass all the way to the MTNL Exchange to get the formalities done. :) Might just have to do that now... I have also spoken to YOU Broadband, waiting for their sales team to get in touch.

Ohkk, if you get any info from you broadband please let me know :) Also can you link me to you broadband plans n tariff please ?

1000th Post :)

w1nD said:
Ohkk, if you get any info from you broadband please let me know :) Also can you link me to you broadband plans n tariff please ?

1000th Post :)

I spoke to the YOU Broadband guys for the YOU Hurricane plan they've been spamming newspapers with. It's essentially a 12mbps / 25GB plan, post the 25GB you can still download at 1mbps sans FUP. So i'm waiting for their sales team to get in touch for a demo and hopefully a subscription. Will keep you posted.

What MTNL plan are you on just in case I have to go the MTNL way and what exchange did you go to?

MTNL is the best broadband , superb quality as far as speed is concerned , also downtime is hardly there. 999 bucks and its awesome , value for money plan.

Back