PC Peripherals Logitech MX518 - Rubber grip peeling off with use

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
The MX518 has a solid grip and a great feel to use it and is a good gaming mouse with 1800 DPI priced @ a sweet spot @ 1200 odd;

But however the black material on the sides (where we grip our fingers) aint rubber-like thing but a very thin layer of a material that aids in the grip.

Pl be aware tat this material starts peeling off after a very prolonged use (read ruf-use!!!); dont know how many of them here have noticed this.

A word of caution: Dont have any sort of food n then use the mouse with the same hand; (Eg. Eating lays--->wiping the hand somewhere--->forwarding some movie with the mouse--->eating lays again :p)

The oil n other particles which sticks to this damages the material.

And once this peels off, the grip is lost and lends a plascticky feeling to the mouse.

Source: Friend.. :ashamed: Although mine's started peeling @ the bottom, a li'l bit.

Mine is peeling near the scroll wheel. But who cares, I can buy a new one in another 6 months and it'll still work out really economical.

Super pricing for an awesome mouse!

same thing happened to my iball laser.Besides that its left click is very insensitive. I'm making my sister use it as punishment for eating food in front of the PC :rofl:

nah, the big un. i wanted the side buttons for weapon switch in UT. was broke , in college , and the 518 was twice its current price then :ashamed:

gannu said:
A word of caution: Dont have any sort of food n then use the mouse with the same hand; (Eg. Eating lays--->wiping the hand somewhere--->forwarding some movie with the mouse--->eating lays again :p)

wah! when did u install a spy cam in my house :mad:

anyways, i always have finish of the lays in one go and wipe my hand with tissue paper and then use my comp :p

My MX518 is fine so far, but cannot the peeled grip be stuck back with something like rubber solution ? I would think rubber solution will make it stick back quite fine. :huh:

I've noticed that the rubber coating peels off too.... as of now its not too serious but if it degrades further then it might just affect accuracy, but not too much.

Back