List Of Recommended Direct Seller/Websites (Better than amazon/flipkart)

Coffee gear and audio gear are made to rip off the gullible people.

A bit harsh to call them gullible because the pricing isn't in line with locally available utensils. Items like these being available here in India is a net benefit to us all — there's a subset of people who want to live here but also want luxury things, and most importantly, have the income to afford it. Things like these keep money flowing inside our own economy, and in part, keeps those high earners here paying direct taxes instead of taking their income abroad.

And that kind of market eventually trickles down to daily use items. I've been surprised in recent times when relatives have told me, after being asked what they'd like from the west, "just bring yourself — everything is available here." That's a stark contrast to a decade ago when people would hand over a list ranging from towels to chocolates.

Not everything you purchase needs to be utilitarian, you can have nice things and you shouldn't feel ashamed or embarrassed so long as what you're purchasing brings you joy. (I may be a consumerist)

And who are we to criticize anyway? Most of us, at one point or the other, entertained the idea of spending 100k+ in graphics cards and offsetting the cost with mining.

(⁠⊙⁠_⁠◎⁠) look at those prices 。。。
Coffee gear and audio gear are made to rip off the gullible people.
It's the addiction and luxury put together. One can get high with Romanov but people may want to enjoy the Absolute.

I, another caffeine addict, don't like coffee much but yeah I can understand them.

Pet stuff:

Lights by a swedish company

What i was really looking for was their light meter which they don't have on the India site and then discovered their other stuff

Why do you worry about searching on internet about your home or office lighting solution when you can find end-to-end solution on the OPPLE India in a single click?
heh, wish they offered 4,000 Kelvin neutral bulbs but for now, they have the same lineup as Phillips for LED light bulbs, with a slightly wider beam

Considering the cost products of Oppleindia is demanding, wondering what extra benefit it gives.

Osram 4000k b22 holder bulbs, were look for similar bulbs and couldn't, ordered something else.
Will keep the link in note for future...

Last edited:
Does any one have a good high quality backpack recommendations? I need a 15L backpack for daily carry and its been difficult to find one that isn't utter shit.

Does any one have a good high quality backpack recommendations? I need a 15L backpack for daily carry and its been difficult to find one that isn't utter shit.

Any of these bulbs reliable and worth the extra premium? I've tried Surya, Philips and some other brand bulbs and they die few months after warranty is over. Right now sticking with Surya since it's cheap.
Out of 12 Phillips LED bulbs, one died within a few days, the others have lasted for years. I'm not familiar with other brands.

Ordered a 6 pack of the Osram now. Never tried Opple. Why not try them out if you want.

Out of 12 Phillips LED bulbs, one died within a few days, the others have lasted for years. I'm not familiar with other brands.

Ordered a 6 pack of the Osram now. Never tried Opple. Why not try them out if you want.
Recently got one Surya 10w, will try getting opple next time.

Choose between these two. I own 2 bags from both brands.

Carbonado is more thoughtfully designed packs. My current everyday carry is the X14 model. Check the commuter series and the tech pack.

Road gods, these are more built towards ruggedness, anti theft, etc. I own the Ghost model, used it for 5yrs with no issues.

Any of these bulbs reliable and worth the extra premium? I've tried Surya, Philips and some other brand bulbs and they die few months after warranty is over. Right now sticking with Surya since it's cheap.
I don't have any long term experience with them but I won't expect them to be any better. This whole modern led bulbs thing has been such a disappointment. Most of the companies are selling shitty products that don't even last as long as older CFL bulbs. I'm not an expert but I think the reason led bulbs sold in our market don't last long is because the manufacturer's are driving the individual led chips very high to get max efficiency which ends up shortening their lifespan. Voltage fluctuations, etc also affect LEDs badly.

I don't have any long term experience with them but I won't expect them to be any better. This whole modern led bulbs thing has been such a disappointment. Most of the companies are selling shitty products that don't even last as long as older CFL bulbs. I'm not an expert but I think the reason led bulbs sold in our market don't last long is because the manufacturer's are driving the individual led chips very high to get max efficiency which ends up shortening their lifespan. Voltage fluctuations, etc also affect LEDs badly.
In my case it could be voltage fluctuations that's causing them to die sooner. Usually it starts with the bulbs flickering then in the next stage it won't turn on for few minutes or it'll turn on with low output then goes to full bright and at last goes dead after a month or two.

Don't know where else to post this.

Batteries of my APC UPS died this morning after 4 years, I called their customer care number, and had technician visit and replace the batteries in evening.

Wasn't expecting such quick service.

Don't know where else to post this.

Batteries of my APC UPS died this morning after 4 years, I called their customer care number, and had technician visit and replace the batteries in evening.

Wasn't expecting such quick service.
A few years ago I'd compared APC battery replacement price to local battery shop, and local was much cheaper. APC is for sure providing convenience, but it is expensive.

Back