Budget Above 25K Lg G5 vs OP3 vs S6edge ?

Need good cam and decent battery.
Op3 has worst cam among the 3 but most futureproof as it also has extended warranty for 1.4k. Biggest in size though which is not good. @ 29.4 with 2 year warranty

S6edge is best looking and most premium and perfect size as well. battery life seems suspect with the snapdragon version specially. @ 33.6k

Lg G5 best cam and performance also amazing with sd 820. Since ips display and small battery battery seems suspect. @36k

WHich has the best and worst battery among the three ? I use 4g net on commute for 2 hours and 9 hours on wifi at office. around 30 mins call daily. 30 min fb check.

I like op3 simply as it has 2 year warranty, is the customer service good as im not sure how good a quality it is.

When exactly are you going to pull the trigger, you've asked this question quite a few times now.
2nd novembor[DOUBLEPOST=1477397484][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you need value for money then go for OP3.
just 5k less than the s6edge and bulky and bigger and cumbersome. my mind is on s6 edge if its battery is good as performance is. Is it ok acc. to my needs ?

Last edited:
G5 has best battery ? is the screen and low light pics as good as amoled of s6 edge ? in gsmarena test Lg g5 has 60 hour life while s6edge has 73.
For me yes G5 gave me the best battery backup out of the 3 use to easily get 5 hour +Sot, Any day Amoled has more darker and vibrant colors compared to IPS but the screen on G5 was the best ips have ever used. Camera is in no way was inferior to S6 but then I liked the S6 better then the G5.

BTW all the phones will easily give u a whole day of usage with around 4 hours plus Sot and with fast/dash charging one should not think much about battery now a day.

I am current using OP3 and it charger from 0 to 100 in around hour, for first 50/60% it hardly takes 20/25 mins to charge.

Consider the s7 instead of s6 series. No sd card and the design has a flat back which isn't as comfortable. There are too many people who complain about palm rejection with these edge models. The edge serves no purpose whatsoever, its no surprise the note 7 went for a flatter screen with less of an edge. That will be the design samsung goes with in the future.

There is no sd card provision with the op3 either. 64GB isn't enough. when phones come with 256GB at reasonable prices then we can consider no sd card.

Your choice now becomes s7 or G5.

I'd even suggest the G4. but volte support isn't there yet.

Last edited:
BTW all the phones will easily give u a whole day of usage with around 4 hours plus Sot and with fast/dash charging one should not think much about battery now a day.
Agree, there is no decent battery unless he looks at the s7e.

you get an avg to ok battery. If you have access to a charger then whether it dies at 2pm or 5pm is irrelevant. You can kill even an s7e in 10 hrs with heavy use but you will get 6.5h sot out of it. All the others will avg somewhere between 4-5h.

Consider the s7 instead of s6 series. No sd card and the design has a flat back which isn't as comfortable. There are too many people who complain about palm rejection with these edge models. The edge serves no purpose whatsoever, its no surprise the note 7 went for a flatter screen with less of an edge. That will be the design samsung goes with in the future.

There is no sd card provision with the op3 either. 64GB isn't enough. when phones come with 256GB at reasonable prices then we can consider no sd card.

Your choice now becomes s7 or G5.

I'd even suggest the G4. but volte support isn't there yet.
cant afford the s7 at 43k, too expensive. lg g4 is on offer for 34k same price as s6 edge. For me 32-64 gb is enough. I dont load too much media on a phone as always risk of droping/ breaking/theft that can take away all data so better keep dumping it on laptop.

Check in the shops, i've sen the g4 going for 25k on amazon. Plastic back. Its made in India these days. dual sim plus microsd and none of this hybrid nonsense everybody moved to this year. You're going to be charging twice a day if you use any of these devices heavily. Replaceable batteries are cheap. But there is no confirmation as yet whether the g4 will get nougat or volte support though it has the hardware.

How are you considering the g5 that's 38k isn't it. What about the s7 (not edge) ?

With M both microsd as well as internal storage are encrypted so theft won't affect you. the problem is only the phone can read the microsd so if it for any reason stops working then you lose the whole lot. i don't know if phones that launch with M have the optoin of not encrypting the microsd. That loophole only exists for phones that launched with an older OS and then got M.

Check in the shops, i've sen the g4 going for 25k on amazon. Plastic back. Its made in India these days. dual sim plus microsd and none of this hybrid nonsense everybody moved to this year. You're going to be charging twice a day if you use any of these devices heavily. Replaceable batteries are cheap. But there is no confirmation as yet whether the g4 will get nougat or volte support though it has the hardware.

How are you considering the g5 that's 38k isn't it. What about the s7 (not edge) ?

With M both microsd as well as internal storage are encrypted so theft won't affect you. the problem is only the phone can read the microsd so if it for any reason stops working then you lose the whole lot. i don't know if phones that launch with M have the optoin of not encrypting the microsd. That loophole only exists for phones that launched with an older OS and then got M.
I think he wanted to type G5 as G4 is now available for 24k locally and G5 around 36k I think.

@RakaKaKaka If u can stretch your budget by 7k and can buy it on emi buy the S7 with bajaj fin. Can be bought with a down payment of around 7k and rest in 15 EMI.

g5 keps coming for 34k on amazon. G4 has the weakest battery i guess and even screen and processor is slower than s6 and screen also worse than op3. cam though no dount good as s6edge or even better. Even g5 has same camera module i guess but better performance and battery i think. im ok with hybrid sims as well as i anyway use only 1 sim. s7 is for 43.3k , and bajaj emi card gives 40k limit only when i applied online though did not pay the 399 fee to order the card.

g5 keps coming for 34k on amazon. G4 has the weakest battery i guess and even screen and processor is slower than s6 and screen also worse than op3. cam though no dount good as s6edge or even better. Even g5 has same camera module i guess but better performance and battery i think. im ok with hybrid sims as well as i anyway use only 1 sim. s7 is for 43.3k , and bajaj emi card gives 40k limit only when i applied online though did not pay the 399 fee to order the card.
S7 is around 41k locally, Also walk into any store with your pan card and adhar card one blank cheque and bank statement for past 6 months, Ask for bajaj finance give them your docs and you will walk out with the phone in less then 20 mins.

S7 is around 41k locally, Also walk into any store with your pan card and adhar card one blank cheque and bank statement for past 6 months, Ask for bajaj finance give them your docs and you will walk out with the phone in less then 20 mins.
I DONT WANNA SPEND MORE THAN 35K As the improvement from a 34k phone to a 41k s7 is not that much. im happy with performance and lag free nature of my s3 so i dont need a super mega-octa core phone. just need a reliable phone to last me a day that has no network issues and has a good camera for those late night out memory capturing.

I DONT WANNA SPEND MORE THAN 35K As the improvement from a 34k phone to a 41k s7 is not that much. im happy with performance and lag free nature of my s3 so i dont need a super mega-octa core phone. just need a reliable phone to last me a day that has no network issues and has a good camera for those late night out memory capturing.
Great, So which one u pulling the trigger on S6E or the OP3?

Back