PC Peripherals Lets Continue my thread......

vegeta

Disciple
i know its a bit lame of me to ask it but i have a p4 2.4 ghz and my new amd will be 2ghz???

Final Config Im Going To select!

AMD 64 3200+ Socket 939 Winchester
Msi neo2 platinum / Msi N4Ultra Diamond : Confused A Bit Here!
1GB Ram (Transcend 512mb*2)
XfX GeForce 6600Gt PCI
Seagate 120GB Sata
Logitech Mx 700 Duo
Samsung 17" Flat LCD
Sony Dvd RW Dru 710a---->already have
120gb hdd samsung ------>already have
samsung cdrom SC-152c ---->>>>already have

actully its kinda upgrade 4 me cuz some things wil be transfered from this

my current pc confg._____
|
|
V
V
hardware9if.png

It doesn't matter if your existing P4 is 2.4Ghz and the new AMD64 is *only* 2Ghz. The AMD64 2Ghz will outperform the P4 by a good margin for sure.

Vignesh said:
It doesn't matter if your existing P4 is 2.4Ghz and the new AMD64 is *only* 2Ghz. The AMD64 2Ghz will outperform the P4 by a good margin for sure.

but whats the difference i am not getting? :huh:

The AMD64 processors have the memory controller built into the die as compared to the P4s which have it separate. This factor alone enables the AMD64 processor to compete with P4 equivalents running at higher core speeds. Plus the 64-bit capabilities of the AMD processor gives it an edge over the current 5xx series of P4. The 64-bit capabilities are particularly useful in hardcore numeric processing - something that is heavily used in all games.

hardboy said:
even with current mobo it should be sufficient for some time in respect to performance/price
Ya, for sure.
MAybe, just upgrade the graphics to an 8X, 4X mx 440 seems a bit old.
If u r not a hardcore gamer, fx 5200 may be a good option as a cheap 8X card.
Also move the pagefile to your seagate 40 gb. Rem to defrag the slave drive before moving. This shud give an immediate performance boost.
nvidia ide controllers may give a performance boost also

BTW, is ur sony writer in slave position?? I may be wrong, but generally writers r in master position for better performance.

my mobo is D845GEBV2

Intel 845GE chipset with intel extreme graphix <<<-----this is return below the model no.

plz guys suggest me the honestly if the card fuses out then im done 4

and tell me 1 this if i use a 8x card in a 4x slot then wont it fuse out or something???cuz my comp. eng. says if u use a 8x card then it will fuse out or give many probs :(

i'll be updating my sys when intel will produce 64bit pc in 4-6mnths

i am looking forward to buy a 5600 fx or 9600 radeon card cuz i am a serious gamer! but i can wait for intel to produce 64bit sys.

Centrino said:
Ya, for sure.
Also move the pagefile to your seagate 40 gb. Rem to defrag the slave drive before moving. This shud give an immediate performance boost.
nvidia ide controllers may give a performance boost also

BTW, is ur sony writer in slave position?? I may be wrong, but generally writers r in master position for better performance.

i dont get it by pagefile???

and if i am not wrong then i can make my writter a master drive from cmos right???

Back