Budget 51-70k Lenovo y510p vs mid end lappy +console

G33kgod

Adept
Hi guys
I was happy with my desktop till its cpu n mobo both went kaput !! Now m doing MBA n i will need a lappy urgently !! Now i want to game for sure. my budget is 70k(lower the better) and m torn b/w two ideas
-Go for a full fledged gaming lappy (y510p) 74k
-mid end lappy and a console (modded) cost 55k

i have no clue if modding is still an option nowadays !!!
Suggest me guys !!! :banghead:

Even y510p would not be sufficient if you are in to Hardcore gaming. I would suggest you to get something light weight since you are doing MBA and for mild gaming get a lappy with a mid range GPU. I would suggest you to go for HP Pavilion 15-n013TX which have NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M which is sufficient to run most of the games in High and Medium settings plus it is very light weight, looks cool and have awesome battery life because of 4th gen i5 and it is available around 45-47k in market.

Modding is no option on Laptops.

Well y510p has gt750 i guess whch shud be good enuff for most games !!
And modding was wrt to console. If i go for mid range lappy shudnt it be better to go for a console for gaming !

I'd suggest go for a simple i3/i5 processor laptop (or you can go for A8/A10 AMD APU) and get a separate console.

Reason is: Right now you are into gaming, but after 2 yrs when you're done with your MBA and into a good job, I'm sure you won't get time to play that much.
So you have the flexibility of selling the console that time. And gaming on a console is good. Plus you get a lightweight laptop which looks professional and has a good battery life (things you'll appreciate more while doing your MBA)
Also, any high end lappy that you pour your money into, is gonna get outdated after 2 years.

So, save some money and leave yourself some flexibility by going for 2nd option.

Only if u have a big tv buy a console, if not then y510p is good enough.. Dunno about the wrong notions that its not good enough for gaming..

But then there is what akj said.. That's true too..

Also avoid HP.. Rather buy and induction cooker.

Back