Left 4 Dead 2 - Discussion Thread

Valve is also unveiling a new Boss infected monster coming in the full version of Left 4 Dead 2. Known as "The Spitter" this is the second new Boss infected from L4D2 revealed thus far (the Charger was revealed at E3). The female Spitter has an area attack that can split up Survivors or flush them out of their hiding spots. At least one more new Boss infected is expected to be revealed before launch.

In addition to the new campaign and boss monster the Comic Con showing of L4D2 also includes the debut of the "Mudmen," the "uncommon common" exclusive to the Swamp Fever campaign, and a few more of the 20-plus new items coming in the full product (cricket bat, AK47, and grenade launcher).

WorthPlaying - Xbox 360 (X360) , PlayStation 3 (PS3), Nintendo Wii, Xbox, PlayStation 2 (PS2), GameCube (NGC), PSP, Nintendo DS (NDS), GBA, Windows PC - All about games !

L4D2 : Early Impressions

l4d2.jpg
Been playing the L4D2 Demo since it went public. . here are my initial reactions :

1. The Spitter : Will spit acid at you , so if you get incap in that puddle ,chances are you will die. . so it adds a whole new dimension to the versus mode :eek:hyeah:
view_320200_1_1248413637.jpg

2. The Charger : TANK's younger brother [not official:p] is the single most awesome special infected that i encountered. It just steam rolls on to you .
SI_charger_teaser_front.jpg

3. The Jockey - Did not find it that usefull in The Parish Campaign because there are no high rise buildings here.
left_4_dead_2_jockey.jpg

4. The characters: The dialogues between the characters has really been improved, they are now really talkative.

5. Melee Weapons : AWESOME ! Tried the Guitar and the machete:hap2:

6. The texture : has really been improved keeping in mind the scalability of the game , the minimum specs kinda remain the same. But the game looks even cooler in daylight.

7. New Weapons : Weapons have a different feel as well. The number of common infected has been seriously reduced and the models have been made to look better. There area new concepts like incineratory ammo which sets the infected on fire. Adrenaline shots which give speed boost. There is this canned boomer vomit, so you can divert the horde to attack either one of them or just some random area in the game.

All in all , I think L4D2 brings a lot to the table. Definitely justifies a new game. But renders L4D redundant, no matter what VAVLE says. . They are even importing L4D1 maps into the second version. :no:

So definitely makes for a worth buy when it retails for 800-1000 bux in INDIA !

Re: L4D2 : Early Impressions

spindoctor said:
can you link any official source for this info?

Heard this in one of the presentation Chet Faliszek was making on eurogamer feed for L4D preview.

Have so many videos. . will see if can find the exact one :p

Not making it up re :p . . heard it direct form the Horses MOUTH.

You downloaded the demo from Steam? I never played L4D so was thinking of getting this one, but I have heard that there are some crashing and freezing problems with the demo. Did you encounter any? I just don't wanna waste my bandwidth.

2.7gigs to be exact.

played for a couple of hours.. then deleted it. not my cup of tea i gues

! 0 t A said:
Heard this in one of the presentation Chet Faliszek was making on eurogamer feed for L4D preview.

Have so many videos. . will see if can find the exact one :p

Not making it up re :p . . heard it direct form the Horses MOUTH.

Halflife2.net Archive Interview: With Chet Faliszek at Eurogamer Expo 2009

Glenn: Do you think we will see the original L4D maps appear in L4D2 to make use of the weapons and game modes?

Chet: Well the weapons are here to see (on the build at Eurogamer expo, I did see them!). But...we'll see, that's something on the road we're looking at.

:bleh:

Maps are such an easy thing to port over considering it's the same basic engine and technology. The only reason NOT to do it would be to milk people into buying both the games and to not reinstate the obvious fact that L4D was a water tester for L4D2 :p.

it's not simply a matter of copy pasting the map .bsp file, or any moron could do it. you forgot assets and scripts from the old game which would also need to be ported over or redone in the new game. at that point, you have integrated *everything* from the old game into the new one.

and apparently, they have said that porting the assets is on their to-do list, not for the valve campaigns, but so that the custom campaigns using those assets can be ported over to the new game.

Ofcourse it's not copy-pasting and no I did not forget the assets. Actually porting assets is the easiest part of the job, the engine automatically looks for appropriately named texture and sound files inside the archives and applies them wherever the map calls for it.
You literally just have to copy-paste them :bleh:.

When Q3A was released, modders managed to create a tool to convert Q2 maps to Q3A without even having access to the source code of either game.
This said tool ported over textures and sounds (assets) as well as things like elevators and deathtraps (brushes and scripts).

That's making a bridge across 2 games based on 2 entirely different technologies by 3rd party modders without any insider data, so saying it can't be done by Valve with games they created themselves and which use basically the same technology is marketting 101 :).

saumilsingh said:
That's making a bridge across 2 games based on 2 entirely different technologies by 3rd party modders without any insider data, so saying it can't be done by Valve with games they created themselves and which use basically the same technology is marketting 101 :).

who said it can't be done by valve?

Price of L4D2 ?

Friends,

Anyone knows - what will be the price of Left 4 Dead 2 (PC version) ?

Re: Price od L4D2 ?

no concrete information yet, but there is no reason to believe that it will not cost the usual amount which is 1000 bucks. you can probably get a discount on that price if you buy online through a vendor on techenclave or if you know your shopkeeper.

! 0 t A said:
l4d2.jpg

Been playing the L4D2 Demo since it went public. . here are my initial reactions :

1. The Spitter : Will spit acid at you , so if you get incap in that puddle ,chances are you will die. . so it adds a whole new dimension to the versus mode :eek:hyeah:

view_320200_1_1248413637.jpg

2. The Charger : TANK's younger brother [not official:p] is the single most awesome special infected that i encountered. It just steam rolls on to you .

SI_charger_teaser_front.jpg

3. The Jockey - Did not find it that usefull in The Parish Campaign because there are no high rise buildings here.

left_4_dead_2_jockey.jpg

4. The characters: The dialogues between the characters has really been improved, they are now really talkative.

5. Melee Weapons : AWESOME ! Tried the Guitar and the machete:hap2:

6. The texture : has really been improved keeping in mind the scalability of the game , the minimum specs kinda remain the same. But the game looks even cooler in daylight.

7. New Weapons : Weapons have a different feel as well. The number of common infected has been seriously reduced and the models have been made to look better. There area new concepts like incineratory ammo which sets the infected on fire. Adrenaline shots which give speed boost. There is this canned boomer vomit, so you can divert the horde to attack either one of them or just some random area in the game.

All in all , I think L4D2 brings a lot to the table. Definitely justifies a new game. But renders L4D redundant, no matter what VAVLE says. . They are even importing L4D1 maps into the second version. :no:

So definitely makes for a worth buy when it retails for 800-1000 bux in INDIA !

http://www.techenclave.com/gaming/left4dead2-early-demo-acess-humph-150334.html

I WONDER WHY NO ONE NOTICED THIS

What kind of a game is Left for Dead 2, does it have a story or is it just mindless zombie shooting like Left For Dead 1?,.,.,

Back