LED strip reflection on ceiling paint, Is it due to berger paints SILK premium emulsion? Plz help...

Pelvicc

Recruit
The reflection of the strip light is just too annoying to see.. If u understand what i mean.
Dont know what to do?
Is it due to the little gloss the SILK paint provides ??
Please help :(

1) You can either unplug the cable of the led from the socket on your motherboard.
2) Tape up the led with some electrical or paper tape.
3) Get a switch which you can attach to the cable of the led, when you want to disable it just switch it off.
And if you have some good motherboard, then you can control it with some software like in the Asus Maximus series! But it won't work on other mobos!

The reflection of the strip light is just too annoying to see.. If u understand what i mean.
Dont know what to do?
Is it due to the little gloss the SILK paint provides ??
Please help :(
A picture would help.

Get a led light strip with built in controller with remote control. You can then control the colors and intensity of colors from the remote itself.

A picture would help.

Get a led light strip with built in controller with remote control. You can then control the colors and intensity of colors from the remote itself.

1) You can either unplug the cable of the led from the socket on your motherboard.
2) Tape up the led with some electrical or paper tape.
3) Get a switch which you can attach to the cable of the led, when you want to disable it just switch it off.
And if you have some good motherboard, then you can control it with some software like in the Asus Maximus series! But it won't work on other mobos!
I dont know about that
But led bulb reflection is the problem
I m using philips linea 5m 3000k only
Brightness is not the issue
Just the reflection is
As i guess the light source should not be visible in any way[DOUBLEPOST=1473019707][/DOUBLEPOST]
A picture would help.

I ll attach picture soon

gloss/satin finishes are meant for walls. matt is for ceilings.

either put your strip inside an LED channel that can diffuse light or tilt it towards the wall. i am assuming it's facing the ceiling right now. i have strips facing ceiling which has a matt finish and they give quite uniform light spread. no harsh or dark spots.

I tried the same
Before questioning here
Pasted the strip led on the plastic batten and faced it towrards walls
It worked
But diffussion of light is less now
I mean it is more towards the walls
Else its not that annoying now
And i dont think i am going to buy the led diffuser channel since its not easily available in indian market
Thanks by the way :)

But diffussion of light is less now
I mean it is more towards the walls
Is your LED strip installed inside the cove? Do you have a false ceiling?

If yes, then it sounds like you have this:

this.jpg

instead of that:

that.jpg

Attachments

• this.jpg
    this.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 197
image.jpg

I hope you can see the strip reflection on ceiling over those copper piping, a straight clear reflection of strip
But facing them towards cove area satisfied me a lil bit.. :)

image.jpg
image.jpg

View attachment 66515

instead of that:

View attachment 66516

View attachment 66515

instead of that:

View attachment 66516

I hope you can see the strip reflection on ceiling over those copper piping, a straight clear reflection of strip
But facing them towards cove area satisfied me a lil bit.. :)
Right, the reflection is too sharp in the 1st picture.

But you've lost a lot of illumination by turning the focus away from ceiling. There's another low-cost option, as LED channels/diffusers are bit difficult to find here:

- Try keeping strips of grounded glass/acrylic on top of LED strip. It'll work as diffuser and mask the reflections.
Or
- Tilt the strips toward opposite walls until harsh edges disappear (dark edges as seen in pic 2). It'll also take care of the strip reflection as you can see that it's almost gone when you tilted it inwards. But now, you'll tilt it outwards.

I tried both these ways...
image.jpg
image.jpg
Right, the reflection is too sharp in the 1st picture.

But you've lost a lot of illumination by turning the focus away from ceiling. There's another low-cost option, as LED channels/diffusers are bit difficult to find here:

- Try keeping strips of grounded glass/acrylic on top of LED strip. It'll work as diffuser and mask the reflections.
Or
- Tilt the strips toward opposite walls until harsh edges disappear (dark edges as seen in pic 2). It'll also take care of the strip reflection as you can see that it's almost gone when you tilted it inwards. But now, you'll tilt it outwards.

Hmm i ll try that too soon
N let u know the results
But i guess thats gonna reduce the intensity of light over cove area
But like u said .. That way light is going to spread more on ceiling
I have tried pasting the led on vertical wall facing sideways ... But didn't worked as the SILK paint is just amplifying everything
Even the diffused light is too bright
The 3rd pic with 4 squares on ceiling has matt finish, it doesn't show the strip reflection but i get low brightness compared to SILK paint.
Also that strip has more lumens per 5m ( 1850 lumens -- wipro garnet 24W Natural White in pic 3)
And those in 1st & 2nd pic is Philips Linea 25W ( 1800 Lumens -- Warm White )

And the dark edges are not too sharp
Its looking like that because of camera's limitation
Hehe still using iPhone4 in 2016 :|[DOUBLEPOST=1473105234][/DOUBLEPOST]
A picture would help.

Pictures attached
Watch down

Last edited:
Many LED strips have a remote which has the intensity setting. Lower the intensity till you get the desired luminosity. Do you have any such remote?
24-Key-Re.jpg

Back