Learning Adobe Photoshop CS5

comp@ddict

Skilled
Okay, so I really want (need) to learn Photoshop. I currently have a licensed CS5 edition and want to learn both:

- Image Editing &
- Content Creation

I've seen people make cool art and stuff with Photoshop, and I need to learn that. I have put aside a time frame of 6 months (achievable?) to master it. Can anybody point/direct me to the best ebook or video site, free or otherwise?

Need replies ASAP.

There are tons of free tutorial stuff online. And there is youtube . Here is how i would approach this - Take something that is already done by a pro and try to replicate it that way you can learn by researching what you want , the books and tutorials can only make you know what the software has to offer you but not what you can do with it unless you have first hand experience.

You can learn everything about PS in 6 months, but its the skill with using which feature where and when which will be a long and never ending process. Lynda is good for getting through with the basics and a quick introduction, but do fool around on your own with all the "buttons" on the screen, see what each of them do and fiddle around with them. If you don't understand something or how it would work then google it.

I learnt PS this way and I'm sorta doing better than the guys who learnt it a year back at my Framebox institute
<

Yes there are so many photoshop tutorials websites as suggested check out Lynda and VTC these two are best video tutorial sites also u can check trainsignal too

What exactly are you trying to achieve? I use PS on a daily basis and I can tell you that tutorials will only take you so far. I know people who have used it from the first version and they still wouldn't call themselves "masters". It's really a never ending process as someone above me put it. There are plenty of "designers" out there who have followed every single tutorial available online but when you ask them to do something on their own, it looks like shit.

You can learn the tools, the interface and the general workflow quickly enough but beyond that, everything comes down to your creativity and artistic skill. Developing this is far more important than knowing what each tool and filter does.

Image Editing and Content Creation is rather vague, so is "cool art stuff". Photoshop can be used for a wide range of things from photo manipulation to paintings. If you could elaborate, I might be able to give you some pointers.

Back