Leaked LTT AlderLake Benchmarks (Intel 12th Gen desktop, 12900K, 12600K)

Interesting launch, honestly, I thought the lead would be more given the rumours and leaks, but overall, folks with Ryzen 5XXX series have no reason to after this, the efficiency is extremely underwhelming given 10nm, but hopefully will get better with next iteration.

While the long life of AM4 is appreciated, I'm curious what was the maximum upgrade anyone ever made ? I understand that 5xxx was not available for mobos under 5xx due to BIOS incompatibility.
I switched from my 1700X to a 3900X on an Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 board.

Then later I switched to a Asus ROG B550-F Gaming Wifi for wifi support and ARGB of all things. :p

Raptor Lake will probably consume less power (and most probably will generate less heat)

lol like this then amd also have improvements :p

amd is also coming with with big little architecture and with shift to lga socket from pga. Hoepfully both of them will make a 4P core and 8 ecore chip for normal pc's. Would be great for a nas,way less power consumption.
Yes, right now the weakness of AMD against Intel, even 12th gen, is that idle power consumption of AMD processors is much higher than Intel's. AMD needs E cores, it will appreciate all the teething troubles being sorted out by Intel.

Yes, right now the weakness of AMD against Intel, even 12th gen, is that idle power consumption of AMD processors is much higher than Intel's. AMD needs E cores, it will appreciate all the teething troubles being sorted out by Intel.
datacenters and gamers dont care about powerconsumption,but yes amd e core proccy should come,will happily buy.

I disagree - check the power consumption charts from any youtubers/reviewers and you will find Intel is on higher side when the Boost/OC is active and that is where AMD literally made strides against Intel.

I disagree - check the power consumption charts from any youtubers/reviewers and you will find Intel is on higher side when the Boost/OC is active and that is where AMD literally made strides against Intel.
Yeah, saw many videos and text benchmarks to base my comment on. E.g.

Back