Video LCD/LED/Plasma

Pernicious

Disciple
Okay guys, I would probably buy a new TV in the near future, and maybe from Bangkok in October. Well, I wanted some suggestions, the reason I did not post this in buying advice thread, as I want more information here.
I wanted to know which to buy and why? LCD or LED or Plasma. Size, well I need something 40 inch ish or higher.

Next part:
3D TV's...what's the deal with them? As in I am watching KBC, so normal cable tv, so will I be able to see it 3d with a 3d tv? what about 3D movies, how does one get em Are the 3D tv's really worth? I mean is the 3D effect nice or not? I've seen Sony 3D demo before it was launched and they showed some animated thing so that was okay....but what about tv serials/channels?

Lastly, what tv should I get from BKK?

Well none of the 2d to 3d converted stuff look good. So if you want to see some serial in 3d you will be hugely disappointed .

whats your budget ,lcd/led-lcd tvs are very cheap in bangkok .

budget nothing as such....50-60K idk....want to buy something good. So the 2d-3d conversion isn't good I get it, then what's the utility of a 3d tv? is 3d media available?

even if u get sufficient 3d media (currently not much available) u cant watch it like normal tv coz it will give u headache after some time.

so better to go with good led here's one sony kdl-40cx520

You can go with a Sony EX720 40" cost 60k in bangkok or if you want a 46" you can get a EX520 for the same price.
Also available are samsung series 40" 6400 and samsung 46" D5000.They play more formats via USB then Sony,but may come with different panels/panel lottery.

adder said:
You can go with a Sony EX720 40" cost 60k in bangkok or if you want a 46" you can get a EX520 for the same price.

Also available are samsung series 40" 6400 and samsung 46" D5000.They play more formats via USB then Sony,but may come with different panels/panel lottery.

Sony EX720 40" costs 45k in Bangkok. +7k Duty. Max 52k.

I bought it at Indra Sound & Video at Indra Market.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Pernicious said:
Okay guys, I would probably buy a new TV in the near future, and maybe from Bangkok in October. Well, I wanted some suggestions, the reason I did not post this in buying advice thread, as I want more information here.

I wanted to know which to buy and why? LCD or LED or Plasma. Size, well I need something 40 inch ish or higher.

Next part:

3D TV's...what's the deal with them? As in I am watching KBC, so normal cable tv, so will I be able to see it 3d with a 3d tv? what about 3D movies, how does one get em Are the 3D tv's really worth? I mean is the 3D effect nice or not? I've seen Sony 3D demo before it was launched and they showed some animated thing so that was okay....but what about tv serials/channels?

Lastly, what tv should I get from BKK?

You can forget about 3D. It is only good for showing it to your house guests and get some boasting done.

I bought Ex72 for the 200Hz motionflow tech. Not for 3D. I am a motionflow addict.

It is hard for me to watch videos without motionflow.

dude, wat about getting the tv, i mean cargo charges in the flight? I had another query, that because of the tv would the custom guys check all your bags thoroughly, because we would be crossing the 25Grand limit (watches/belts/clothes and branded stuff) so I don't wanna be scrutinized on stuff that can be easily passed via a green channel.

Back