LastPass Premium Offer

impulse1992

Reds under the bed
Disciple
In the wake of Heartbleed, Anything Digital has partnered with LastPass to offer you a free 6-month premium upgrade for your LastPass account.

LastPass is an award-winning password manager that securely stores your passwords, generates strong passwords, and logs in to your online accounts for you. With the premium upgrade, you can use LastPass on all your mobile devices, too. Learn more.

If you are a LastPass user:

Log in to the LastPass icon in your browser toolbar, and click this link to redeem your Premium upgrade: Upgrade Now

If you are new to LastPass:
Getting started with LastPass is easy.

1. Download LastPass
  2. Complete the steps to create your account
  3. Click Upgrade Now to receive your premium upgrade
  4. Go to your favorite sites and click the * to start saving your logins.

https://lastpass.com/hbpromo.php?n=...3f3aae0c4429a176cacc9de28ac13b02d79714f0c6b4c

Excellent find mate. Thanks.
A quick tip, you will get invalid link if you click on Upgrade Now button of above post. You will have to go to the last pass promo page using the bottom link of above post and then click Upgrade Now on that last pass page.
Happy upgrading. A 12USD annual renewal isnt much for the convenience it offers.

Great! Thanks for sharing mate.[DOUBLEPOST=1405431279][/DOUBLEPOST]Great! Thanks for sharing mate.

Last edited:
It looks like many peoples use Lastpass? But is it a good idea to use Password Manager? I mean Password is what one should keep it within himself / herself only, completely personal. Isn't using a software for remembering your password is a bad idea and vulnerable too?

Yeah I saw that it uses encryption and all but at the end of the day they have all your passwords in their database. It's not local software, due to sync operations it keeps the passwords in their servers. Yeah they are encrypted but in this digital world one attack could exploit all your accounts. Isn't it right?

It looks like many peoples use Lastpass? But is it a good idea to use Password Manager? I mean Password is what one should keep it within himself / herself only, completely personal. Isn't using a software for remembering your password is a bad idea and vulnerable too?

Yeah I saw that it uses encryption and all but at the end of the day they have all your passwords in their database. It's not local software, due to sync operations it keeps the passwords in their servers. Yeah they are encrypted but in this digital world one attack could exploit all your accounts. Isn't it right?

That's why I use Keepass. It doesn't store anything online. Now all I need is to remember one password for my keepass database and I'm good to go. It also has an Android version and a plug-in for Firefox for auto-logins.

Very valid point krishnandu.
IMO storing the passwords in brain memory is the best way to save.
[emoji14]
Storing in brain is difficult for long password which contains lots of special characters and also remembering so many passwords is difficult. Another issue is, if you don't use the password for certain site regularly, then easily you will forget!

I'm not sure how it is possible to decrypt the password stored in thier database, since its hashed values?

Storing in brain is difficult for long password which contains lots of special characters and also remembering so many passwords is difficult. Another issue is, if you don't use the password for certain site regularly, then easily you will forget!

Well best way is to create a algo yourself which you will use for all your sites. In that way even if you forget the password it won't matter. Algo is what you'll always remember.

So here I'd suggest one. As we already know using same password for all the sites is not good. Also in the meantime you have to use Caps + Small + Number + Special character to make your password stronger.

So this is what you can try...!!

KEYWORD + SITENAME

So say, you choose a keyword Biriyani and then add the site name with it. Ofcourse you'd write it like Caps + Small + Number +Special Char.

So Facebook = B1riy@|\|1F@(3b00k = BiriyaniFacebook
Google can be = Bir1y@|\|iG00g|_3 = BiriyaniGoogle

So as you can see...
i / I = 1
l / L = |_
h / H = |-|
o / O = 0 (Zero)
a / A = @
so on...and on...

So modify the letter as far as you can. And in this way you don't need to remember the password at all, just the algo and the keyword. There's no way to forget the keyword as this is what you'll be using on other sites too. And it's strongest too..!!

Hope that makes sense..!!

I'm not sure how it is possible to decrypt the password stored in thier database, since its hashed values?

I think they are encrypted with salt. Not hashed. As hashed ones can't be reverted back to original e.g. (MD5, SHA) etc.

^nope, don't try this. Its easier to break. Do not associate your passwords with sites or your personal info. Always Ha0Vv'4;e-DX"KIz4}Vn8'R"'

I think they are encrypted with salt. Not hashed. As hashed ones can't be reverted back to original e.g. (MD5, SHA) etc.
No, you can get it back, just that it takes lots of time.

Last edited:
Agreed, but encryption and decryption happens in client machine right? Key used in hashed form of email id and master password. So their database stores only encrypted value.

That's why I use Keepass. It doesn't store anything online. Now all I need is to remember one password for my keepass database and I'm good to go. It also has an Android version and a plug-in for Firefox for auto-logins.
Very true. When you don't have control over data, then forget security.

ever heard of shocking nonsense? Never use password manager/write down passwords. Always trust your brain's storage.

And if LastPass is uploading your pwds to a database on their site, then forget about any kind of security.

I have two points to make here.
1. heartbleed has nothing to do with password managers or storing passwords. its a vulnerability in ssl and you ought to change password if the site was using vulnerable version on ssl.
2. Any crypto algorithm which is reversible is not good for storing passwords.

I make passwords by drawing on keyboard. Don't need no password manager. Brain remembers all the passes including 16 digit CC and DC numbers. 16 digit numbers are easy to remember if you memorise them in groups of 4.

Back