LARGE Qwerty buttons

sasa110

Disciple
Nov 28, 2009
I've started to have a neuro problem whereby i lose feelings on my thumbs and the 2 fingers next to it every now and then (thanks to a nasty accident 2 months back)

I'm a blackberry user - had the bold 3 which got stolen recently, and bought in a new Javelin from the US. But given my problem of deteriorating senses on the fingers and the somewhat small buttons, I'm having problems using this phone. Gone back to a basic T9 handset for now and its much better.

I need a qwerty slider actually, with low sar (not more than 1ish) since the buttons on it are slightly larger than bar qwertys and I think I should be able to manage them. My choices right now are - sony ericsson txt pro and nokia C6 (slightly over my budget) but I want to know specifically of upcoming slider qwertys in the coming months or something within my budget from the US. I am not considering the xperia mini pro since it has a SAR value of 1.55.

Thanks for reading.

1. Q: Budget?

A: 6k-12k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Slider

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: No idea.

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Any good brand with LOW SAR.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: qwerty

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: irrelevent

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: any

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: 2G

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Camera, mails and internet.

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: Low SAR.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: Nokia C6, Sony ericson txt pro

sasa110

Disciple
Nov 28, 2009
thanks for the replies. i guess my topic has become slightly misleading - i really should have written "qwerty slider" there, since that is what i really meant.

any suggestions anyone of qwerty sliders that could be purchased from the US?

PS: there are plenty of ones in ebay US but cant make out which ones are gsm and can be unlocked easily for india.

Xavier

Adept
Mar 17, 2011
Pune
Check out the HTC Desire Z/G2 if it's still available. Also, the new Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro (the one with the 3.7-inch display) and the Motorola Milestone 2 are other options when it comes to large Android phones with slider keypads.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Here are a few unlocked ones on ebay.com

Sony Ericsson XPERIA Pro - Black Unlocked Smartphone | eBay

Motorola Milestone 2 Droid 2 Android 2.2 Phone By FedEx | eBay

HTC Desire Desire Z - 1.5GB - Silver Unlocked Smartphone 821793007546 | eBay